Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

Hold the camera steady. There's no fix for atrocious photo's like that. Maybe get a camera with image stabilization.

Is there some kind of software I can use to devise a custom keyboard layout? (Preferably free)

Well, the main problem is that I thought the picture was fine, because I only had the small LCD screen to look at.

I did get some good pictures, though there's people in them (hard to edit out) and I don't like to post pictures of other people.

EDIT: All right, I did manage to crop this one:

Spoiler :

The problem is that digital cameras, unless they are very good ones, don't take photos fast. So the camera has to be very steady or the light has to be extremely good. Otherwise very little motion at the time the picture is taken can be magnified in the results.

Well, it wasn't until I got home that I realized the camera was on a slow shutter speed. I sped it up some and chased the cat down the hall to test it. I deleted those pictures though.

EDIT: Oh, and I can't use the flash in a barn full of spooky horses ....

What's the best (freeware) way to remove a slight motion blur from a photo? I tried sharpening it, but all it did was make the colors glaring. Here's the picture, by the way, if anyone wants to try it:

Spoiler :

If there's no way to do it well, I'll just say it was an artistic shot. lol.

You need an implementation of a deconvolution algorithm (Wiener's is the most well known) for this. The Matlab image toolbox contains one, but Matlab is not cheap. Even if you find an implementation, you still need to estimate the point spread function of the motion blur. There are approaches on how to do this, but no ready made tools (as far as i am aware).

thanks, but I think I'll just stick with the artistic shot. Except for the blur, I think it's a nice pic, the colors are nice and soft.

I got those too, Micro$oft installs them without permission. I disabled them and have no problems.

I'm trying to delete a file:

Suggestions? I tried both Unlocker and taking ownership. I googled it and it led me to the same unresolved thread on a bunch of different sites.

EDIT: And how does the same thread end up on multiple site? Replies and all.

I just got a random message from firefox:

should I be worried?

You should go ahead and disable like FF asks you to. Those plugins are extremely difficult to turn off the normal way, and have some very serious vulnerabilities. Im just surprised it took them this long to do that as they have been around for quite a while.

Check the add-ons, and manually disable them if needed.

The disable worked on my end. Uninstall was greyed out.

Is there a proper name for all the junk that software often leaves behind after uninstalling?

So good software doesn't exist then? I can't think of many programs I've used that delete all the registry things and such after uninstalling it.

Top Bottom