Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

I'd say that since the PC was junk when you got it, try carefully drilling out the rivets. You lose nothing if you fail.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I don't really need any part of it, but it's just fun to play around with it, and perhaps I'll try to make a computer if I'll find another one in the thrash.

What's with the current trend of programs asking to install weird toolbars and download managers?

Also, in Revo Uninstaller, it lists something called "{582876EC-A178-44D4-9823-C10D6C62EAFF}". Any ideas? Googled it and I found some lists of programs that other people have.

Also, why are there a whole bunch of different versions of DirectX?

Also, once in a while, Revo Uninstaller will list practically the entire registry after uninstallation. Any ideas why? Just a weird glitch?

Well, the latest I've had is Flash Player trying to install that weird download manager. Unless there's some alternative to Flash?

If a folder has so many files it takes half a minute to open, will sorting them into subfolders help any? (It's pictures, by the way, over a thousand of them, and I don't think I need to say who's in them ;) )

EDIT: DO NOT TELL ME TO DELETE ANY. I WILL REFUSE. GOT IT?

I did try that, it's still pretty slow and it's hard to tell which picture I need (most of them are named something like "pic022" or "tommy8" or something that will trigger the autocensor)

Thanks.

Question: I have an empty partition, it used to be a recovery partition but now it's gone. And it's hidden. How do I delete it so I can get the space back? (It sorta drives me nuts to keep reading "461 GB" because it's not an even number.) Google got me some XP stuff and stuff for specific models.

Disk Management will let you erase it, but if you want to actually merge it with another partition, its slightly trickier. Trickier in the sense that it will most likely corrupt your partition

Download a gparted iso and burn it to cd. Then delete that partition, and recreate it as a ntfs share. When you boot back into Windows, use the Disk Management to make it your D drive, then you've got extra storage space in there.

I have a dual boot laptop that I put Linux Mint and WinXP. I wanted to decrease the Linux partition and increase the XP partition, and I couldn't figure a way to do it smoothly. It occured to me that windows will see two logical disks on the same physical drive just fine....and I increased my windows partition by what I wanted to.

Thanks, i'll try those sometime.

Every so often, I accidentally drag and drop a bunch of files into the same one and create lots of duplicates. in same folder Often I don't notice until later. What do I do then? (If it was fresh, I could use the undo)

Sort by date and delete.

Well I never thought of that ! thanks.

If you've got copies of the files, it should say "Copy of <filename>". You can sort by name and delete those.

The odd thing is that in Vista, it gets changed to "Filename (1)" instead.

What's the best (freeware) way to remove a slight motion blur from a photo? I tried sharpening it, but all it did was make the colors glaring. Here's the picture, by the way, if anyone wants to try it:

Spoiler :

If there's no way to do it well, I'll just say it was an artistic shot. lol.

Top Bottom