Condoleezza Rice Testimony

Vanadorn

Motorcycling Paladin
The testimony just ended. 3 hours long.

Did you watch it, what was your views and opinions?

Here is a basic outline of how it went.

Rebublicans asked easy questions and Rice answered quickly.

Democrats asked hard questions and Rice avoids the question and/or filibusters.

Not once did Rice admit mistake or apologise for anything, even in an offhand halfhearted way.

Richard Ben-Veniste seemed more interested in making the White House look bad than to get to the actual reasons for what happened. As well, how does Ben-Veniste expect an answer if he talks over Rice? I just wish Rice responded a little more harshly to his inane moaning.

What are you talking about? They were just trying to get in some questions, I would do the same thing if someone used 3+ minutes just to avoid most of my questions.

I found her to be very supportive/defensinve of the president and this adminstration, however, support does not mean her answers were full of meaning and substance.

On many issues, I found her to be attempting to sow confusion and defray inspection of key issues (just about everything regarding Mr. Clark), and she said on many times that pre 9-11, that there was no way of knowing what was coming and how there was (and still is) little cross communication between the gov't agencies.

It was auspicious to have a presidential security advisor testify in public under oath, but I truly didn't expect to learn anything new.

My 2 cents

Originally posted by GrandMasta Nick
Not once did Rice admit mistake or apologise for anything, even in an offhand halfhearted way.

Apologize for what?

What are you talking about? They were just trying to get in some questions, I would do the same thing if someone used 3+ minutes just to avoid most of my questions.

Let's try it on you.

Yes or no, did the Clinton administration drop the ball on al-Qaeda?

For making mistakes. I took this strait from her testimony that she was incompetent.

Originally posted by rmsharpe

Let's try it on you.

Yes or no, did the Clinton administration drop the ball on al-Qaeda?

Yes. And the people responsible should apologize.

For making mistakes. I took this strait from her testimony that she was incompetent.

It sounds to me like you're more interested in partisan politics than the actual issue at hand. Let's look at it the other way, I haven't seen anyone pressing Richard Clarke to apologize for being such a screwup for over a decade.

Yes. And the people responsible should apologize.

If I was Ben-Veniste, you wouldn't have gotten that last sentence in, much less the original "Yes."

Overall, she handled the testimony well. Really nothing surprising though. Mistakes made by both parties over the last 30 years, but we all knew that.

As well, I'd also like to know where this Mr. Clarke agained all of his credibility from. It seems like partisan media outlets and his election-year exploit book seems to be the only backbone he has.

I'd say the testimony of Dr. Rice is far more credible than the suspect credentials of Mr. Clarke.

It sounds to me like you're more interested in partisan politics than the actual issue at hand. Let's look at it the other way, I haven't seen anyone pressing Richard Clarke to apologize for being such a screwup for over a decade.

If I was Ben-Veniste, you wouldn't have gotten that last sentence in, much less the original "Yes."

I believe that he already has apologized.

Who cares if I edited my post, the point still stands. Everyone who was resposible for not stoping this should at least apologize. How does my editing my post change that? You assume that I am toing the party line, that is incorrect. I don't care for either of the major parties.

Everyone who was not responsible for stopping 9-11 should apologize?

Well, I'm sorry. Now you too say you're sorry.

Everyone who was not responsible for stopping 9-11 should apologize?

Well, I'm sorry. Now you too say you're sorry.

I don't understand where you are getting this from. I don't remember saying people who were NOT responsible should apologize. Unless you are trying to be clever by saying the Bush Administration has no responsiblity for the mistakes made. Who is being partisan now?

I was never in a position so that I could stop anything. Why should I apologize.

Of course the Bush administration shares responsibility in the errors leading up to 9-11, but this administration certainly shouldn't have to apologize for it happening.

FDR didn't apologize for Pearl Harbor.

He never had intelligence saying that a Japanese air attack was on the way.

There are conspiracy theories on both administrations. You are being partisan, again.

He never had intelligence saying that a Japanese air attack was on the way.

Actually, there was information indicating that there was an unspecified impending attack from Japan, much like the very foggy reports on Al-Qaeda pre-September 11th.

Top Bottom