Conflict with G series (LCD) Keyboards and Civilization V

Mazok

Chieftain
Okay so after buying a fresh copy of Civ V from steam during their summer sale and installing it... I couldn't get it to launch at all.

It would bring up the direct X selection menu, I would chose any of the options.. the system would think for a moment.. and nothing. I checked system process and as the Direct X selection menu was up I could see it.. but it closed upon choosing and that was it.

I scoured the internet for solutions and found many many people having similar issues... but no one had any answers. I tried Steam and 2k support. Steam refereed me to 2k.. and after 2 weeks I finally heard back from 2k.

After sending them the DxDiag, and msinfo32 logs they said the only conflict they could see was with some form of Logitech software on my system.

The ONLY software for Logitech I had was for my G 15 (I know ancient by gaming terms) keyboard. So I uninstalled the Logitech Gaming Software and tried again..

Bobs your uncle game fires up and runs just fine. On a whim I went to the Logitech site and got the latest version of the software for my keyboard for my system and tried installing it.

Once it was done I tried the game again... and again fail to launch. So I uninstalled it and boom goes the cannon.. game works again.

I've notified 2k and Logitech about the conflict... but in all my searching I noticed a LOT of people with similar issues and also a great deal of people asking after LCD keyboard support for Civ V...

So I thought I would list my findings here and let people know. I'm not sure if it's just my series of keyboard since it's an older version, or if it's the G series LCD keyboards in general, but something to keep in mind and try if your having a similar issue!

Top Bottom