Conflicting builds, how do I solve this?

Gerdronex

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

I've been working on my first mod ever, I'm trying to create a series of civilizations for medieval fantasy-themed games and so far I'm doing ok after hours and hours of research. I managed to create my first civilization but I'm having a lot of trouble with this second one. I used as a template the same exact Solution as the previous one but changed everything I had to, but then this problem appears (pic related).

For some odd reason I can't build both civilizations and test both at same time, if I do, the Leader Potrait and the Icon Atlas on the second civ are replaced by the first one; but if I build just one civ and not the other everything looks ok. Looks like both builds are in conflict, eventhough all references are well-written and both have different Mod ID.

Can anyone help me with this? I've tried everything but it just keeps happening and I don't know if there's a problem with the Builds or if it's ModBuddy that simply can't build two solutions at once. :confused::confused::confused: Even tried to copy&paste both builds into the MODS folder but same thing happens.

Hope you can help me. Thank you!

Look at what is in the game's MODS folder when trying to determine why the game is doing what it is doing.

The contents of the ModBuddy Project are not sent to the game's MODS folder, so you have to look to the two mods themselves as they are in the game's MODS folder.

Posting the two mods as attachments would also be helpful: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And also, as a trouble-shooting method to determine if your mod is working correctly, do not use the Really Advanced Setup Mod until you know your mod(s) work(s) correctly "on thier own". Piling multiple additional mods into the mix when those other mods are not actually needed by your mod is a recipe for baking a frustration cake.

Sorry for answering so late. Here they are, as in the MODS folder.

Attachments

• MOD_The Empire (v 1).rar
    851.3 KB · Views: 42
  • MOD_The Undead (v 2).rar
    746.9 KB · Views: 36
  1. As suspected, nothing at all to do with operation within ModBuddy itself per se:
    Code:
    <GameData>
    	<IconTextureAtlases>
    		<Row>
    			<Atlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS</Atlas>
    			<IconSize>256</IconSize>
    			<Filename>[COLOR="Red"]Art/IconAtlas_THE_EMPIRE256.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
    			<IconsPerRow>8</IconsPerRow>
    			<IconsPerColumn>8</IconsPerColumn>
    		</Row>
    and
    Code:
    <GameData>
     <IconTextureAtlases>
    	<Row>
    		<Atlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS</Atlas>
    		<IconSize>256</IconSize>
    		<Filename>[COLOR="red"]Art/IconAtlas_THE_UNDEAD256.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
    		<IconsPerRow>8</IconsPerRow>
    		<IconsPerColumn>8</IconsPerColumn>
    	</Row>
    • First you are telling the game there is an "Atlas" called "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS" that uses a file named "IconAtlas_THE_EMPIRE256.dds" for the 256 size icon.
    • Then your other mod is telling the game the same "Atlas" called "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS" uses a file named "IconAtlas_THE_UNDEAD256.dds" for the 256 size icon.
    • I used the 256 size icon as an example of what you are doing wrong -- you are doing the same for all the icon sizes.
    • There can only be one "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS" atlas registered with the game at any one time.
    • If you enable error logging I am confident you will see some kind of error being reported in Database.log related to this attempt to use "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS" more than once and with differing data.
    • The end result is that both mods use the art-files from the same mod because they are both being told to do so, and whichever of the mod's designations for which art-files are to be used that succeeeds in loading into the game's database is the set of art-files that is used for "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS"
    • Change the name of the "Atlas" in each mod to something unique. You need to do this for all the "atlases" used by both mods, and you definitely need to do so for "CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS" because everyone uses that exact same atlas-name the first time they make a mod
  2. XML-Files that have <GameData> -- </GameData> are never set as "Import Into VFS = true" in Modbuddy. They only require the <OnModActivated> -> <UpdateDatabase> setting in the ModBuddy 'Actions' tab. Remove the "Import Into VFS = true" in Modbuddy for your <IconTextureAtlases> files.

Oh wow I can't believe I missed that! It's so obvious! Thank you very much LeeS, everything is working fine now :goodjob: :goodjob:

I'm sorry to post twice, but I need your help again please, I'm stuck with something similar again, I don't understand what is going on. Problem now is there's an Icon not working properly, I can see it in x256, x128 and x80 but under that the icon just won't appear or gets replaced by something else (sometimes it's the american icon, sometimes another unit). I think the problem is within the xml but I can't find the problematic reference and the data log is not helping me either. :confused: :(

Attachments

• The Empire (v 1).rar
    867.5 KB · Views: 38
  • The Undead (v 3).rar
    764.3 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom