Congrats to Takeo!

Spoonwood

Grand Philosopher
I've enjoyed seeing Takeo's submissions these past few years. Taking a look at one now I'm just realizing that he bested my histographic game on pangea deity, and I also enjoyed seeing that the Maya had taking the top histographic spot on Deity. No scientific opponents, huh. Anyways, now I've noticed that he's number 4 on the quartermaster's table, but has no Sid entries.

Takeo's topscoring Deity histographic game has a higher score than SirPleb's Sid game.

Takeo also helped a lot in creating the epic mod CCM 2.5. :)

Takeo's topscoring Deity histographic game has a higher score than SirPleb's Sid game.

It was bittersweet when I saw that my score had beat his. When I first came to this site, the first person I followed and learned from was SirPleb.

Before Conquest came out SirPleb had submitted an Egypt huge milk-run and it had a write-up attached to it. The game isn't there now, it must have been lost in the great hack. I downloaded the write-up and printed it out and it was 39 pages long! It was turn-by-turn notes on all his moves and decisions and why he made them. I have read all the way thru it several times and I still have it tucked away now, 20 years later.

Finding my name in one sentence... mentioned together with SirPleb... I know I don´t deserve it, but I also know that I love it! :D;)
t_x

Yeah, me too!:D

Yes, I, too, was a huge fan of Sir Pleb's writings and gameplay. So much so that in 2004 (I think), while spending the summer climbing The Rockies for several months in Calgary, we visited SirPleb at his home on Vancouver Island after taking the tourist train from Calgary to Vancouver. What a nice man and family! Fond memories. :goodjob::goodjob:

Top Bottom