Conquest XP Creation Wishlist

All I want is the ability to add eras, tile improvements, and Building prerequisite for Units:) just those would Improve the game alot.

How about if we collect an address with ten or so requests, signed by all modders we can find, send that with an ultimatum: "Do this or we will start serious posting under 'what we like to see in next addon'- threads"?

How about this for a shortlist of 10:

1. The ability to add eras

2. Civ-specific tech trees

3. Buildings as pre-requisites for units

4. Introduce the notion of "Internal name" and "displayed name". This could be handy for flavour unit. For instance, we can have an US Infantry, FR Infantry, UK Infantry, GE Infantry for a WWII scenario, with different animations and stats, but they will all be displayed with one name : Infantry.

5. Add the made obsolete box for wonders to improvements, units and resources

6. Era-specific barbarians.

7. A box, similar to the Ignore Move Cost box, which would give a combat bonus to the unit when fighting to or from that terrain.

8. Introduce the notion of "unit class" (for instance Infantry, Cavalry, Armor, Air, Naval, Sub). Each units belongs to one of this class, and has bonuses against another class. The bonus could be attack and/or defense.

9. AI knowing when to Upgrade and Rejoin units.

10. AI triggers, e.g. diplomatic states are fixed until a specific event occurs

Originally posted by Steph
- Add a flag "no building", so you cannot build a unit, but only have it at the beginning of a scenario.
You can already do this by setting the unit as unbuildable and giving the unit to the civ from the outset.

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
Oh yeah, & "government switching not allowed" tag, perhaps Or just the ability to restrict governments to specific culture groups, shouldn't be so difficult.

#2 Ability to control governments in scenarios.

We can do this now using non-era techs. Attach the various governments to Civ Specific non-era techs, e.g. "Being German", "Being Russian", etc. Now make those techs the prereq techs for the Governments that you want that civ to be able to use. It may require that you have multiple versions of the same type of government but with different names, but it will have the desired effect.

Example. You want Germany to only be able to use "Govt. A". Attach "Govt. A" to the "Being German" non-era tech. Do not attach any governments to normal techs. Germany will only be able to use "Govt. A".

If you want Germany to be able to switch to another form of government later down the road, that is exclusive to Germany, you will have to wait for the next patch which I am hoping fixes some of the issues with non-era techs.

Originally posted by zulu9812

4. Introduce the notion of "Internal name" and "displayed name". This could be handy for flavour unit. For instance, we can have an US Infantry, FR Infantry, UK Infantry, GE Infantry for a WWII scenario, with different animations and stats, but they will all be displayed with one name : Infantry.

7. A box, similar to the Ignore Move Cost box, which would give a combat bonus to the unit when fighting to or from that terrain.

8. Introduce the notion of "unit class" (for instance Infantry, Cavalry, Armor, Air, Naval, Sub). Each units belongs to one of this class, and has bonuses against another class. The bonus could be attack and/or defense.

I agree with this list:)

I want to be able to fix the number of units of a special kind a civ may build. Mordor may only build nine Nazguls, Thebes may only build one Sacred band unit, and so on. This and fixed diplomacy would be really nice.

Zulu, I like the list, however, Firaxis said that it would take a lot of work to add an era.

I think extra eras are unlikely

They said it required a lot of effort to remove the hardcodes (I'll see if I can find the thread)

I agree with you Zulu on your short list and repeat that we need the ablitiy to add eras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Originally posted by Klyde182

I agree with you Zulu on your short list and repeat that we need the ablitiy to add eras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

We have to have that ablitiy, It may be hard but it will be worth it.

Thought just landed on me and had to get it off my chest.."Bridges".the ability to build bridges across single grid costal waters would be great though it maybe vulnerable to attack but that life....but its some thing thats needed specially if they add canals & real river travel... :cool:

Originally posted by Klyde182
Thought just landed on me and had to get it off my chest.."Bridges".the ability to build bridges across single grid costal waters would be great though it maybe vulnerable to attack but that life....but its some thing thats needed specially if they add canals & real river travel... :cool:

Not just one costal tile, make it were it can build on is many costal tiles as you want. It would take a long time build though, and cost alot of money. canals would be really cool to.

While I agree with the suggestions being made, I think it would be wise to realize that if the new game is due out later this year as mentioned in the various press releases, then most of the preliminary work has been done or will be shortly. This would limit how much they could change whatever they have already started.

They have our wish lists, and hopefully, have been able to implement some of the most wanted ones into this project.

I disagree with your list, because I think adding era is not likely to happen (to much hardcoding apparently). Same thing for civ-specific tech trees.

I would like, but it seems impossible to get it to me. So I would request something more reallistic:

1. Make Movement cost unit and terrain dependant (camel, mountain troops)

2. For terrain improvement, add a flag to state if they consume the worker or not.

3. Buildings or government as pre-requisites for units

4. Make two different bombardment value : against sea and against land (for submarines!)

5. Variable upkeep cost

9. Add some parameters to governments, they look to alike reight now.

10. Diplomacy.

All the "AI should be able to upgrade, rejoin, fortify, etc" are not new features, but more bug corrections to me.

1. Open up all possible features for improvements, wonders, and minor wonders -- so that, e.g., improvements might expire, and a minor wonder can place an improvement in every city.

2. Edit values separately for the two types each of mountain and forest tiles.

3. Add a flag and field to limit and set the number of tiles a land unit can move from a friendly city -- and have an improvement flag which then eliminates the limit.

-Oz

I would add to my list :

- make units buildable only if resource is within the city radius. That would enable ethnic unit localized creation.

Steph I quite like your list but hopefully diplomacy is better in Conquest already so consider as an empty spot like movement for example (see my road, rivers, RR stuff) or limitation of certain types of units (it can be done, see my stuff), or even better, commission for trade: this one would have a real strategic importance.

What I want most, apart from ability to set diplomacy in the editor, is to have Civ 2- style scenario events. So that after a specfic trigger, something happens like a tech is given to a civ, or a unit is created, or terrain type in a given square is changed, or a building is created in a city. Without this it is impossible to create accurate realistic scenarios. Events were added to Civ2 in an expansion pack, so I don't see why they can't be added to Civ3 in an expansion pack.

This is the best idea I have heard yet, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. It HAS to be done, as well as buildings as pre's.

I would also like to edit civ aggressiveness for each era. A civ might be extremely violent and merciless in the middle ages, but very peaceful and loving in modern times.

to add to your sweet list of wishes here are some i believe were not asked yet:
1. the AI should not ignore the Invisible flag if Combined to the Hidden Nationality flag
2. the possibility to check a mod/scenario while in the editor (check if all links , pedia , etc.etc.etc are right , so that you dont need to start the game , and load the scenario just to get an error , and then do that again for every error you get)
3.Immigration :)

Top Bottom