Conquests cultural borders

dreadknought

timelord
Does anyone know the max amount of times the cultural borders are allowed to expand in conquests .....thx

Same as in civ3, once at 10, once at 100, 1000, and 10000. So that would be 4 times because by 20,000 you win. However, if the cultural victory condition is turned off, it could *technically expand a fifth time at 100,000.

Originally posted by lbhhh
Same as in civ3, once at 10, once at 100, 1000, and 10000. So that would be 4 times because by 20,000 you win. However, if the cultural victory condition is turned off, it could *technically expand a fifth time at 100,000.

I see so 5 exps. is a built in limit. Thats bad in my opinion because I wonted to do a mod where you could acquire large amounts of territory through culture alone with only a few cities per civ.:(

I don't think it's a built in limit. It's just a functional limit with the current game configuration.

If you turned off cultural victory and modded buildings to give large amounts of culture, you'd probably see expansions at 1million, 10million, etc...

Originally posted by Yeti
I don't think it's a built in limit. It's just a functional limit with the current game configuration.

If you turned off cultural victory and modded buildings to give large amounts of culture, you'd probably see expansions at 1million, 10million, etc...

Oh really, Well that might work out......Can anyone confirm this for sure.

thx......

It still doesn't lend itself well to modding.

To have things expand properly at 10 and 100 early on, and at values like 100k, 1M, and 10M later on, you'd have to have early structures give culture like they do now, but later structures would need to give something like 100k culture a turn. This makes the early structures really useless later on.

Ask in the Modders forums (I think there are such things?) if anyone has seen a way to alter rules related to cultural expansion. If you could change the values you expand at or change the amount of expansion that occurs per step, then you might be better off.

According to the Editor, there are six levels of cultural expansion. In the editor, under General Settings, you can change the level multipler and the border expansion. Level multipler is set at 1000, and the border expansion at 10. Not sure what the level multipler does, but by changing the border expansion, you would see the borders increase earlier or later than they do now.

Originally posted by Yeti
It still doesn't lend itself well to modding.

To have things expand properly at 10 and 100 early on, and at values like 100k, 1M, and 10M later on, you'd have to have early structures give culture like they do now, but later structures would need to give something like 100k culture a turn. This makes the early structures really useless later on.

No. Currently culture per turn is doubled every 1000 years per building. You should be able to change that setting so ancient buildings get pushed up very quickly. Didn't verify though.

Top Bottom