Considering buying CivRev

redrims999

Chieftain
The only concern i have with CivRev is the length of each leaders campaign. Is it long or short?
I have another question, when you play single player and you pick a leader, do other leaders of other time periods show up in your surrounding environment? Or do they show up whenever they are supposed to in history (for example if I pick cleopatra will Prez Lincoln show up later or be there right from the beginning or not at all)?

You don't have "campaigns" for each leader. You just play single games. Each game has 5 (I think) civs. including yours. in it from turn one. The others are randomly picked AI players, unless you are playing online.

Hope that makes sense to you!

PS: Buy the game, you won't regret it :D

Doesn't take that long to win compared to the PC versions. If your starting out, I would probably say 1 -1 and a half hours. This all depends though on what difficulty you start at. Also, you can always save your game at any point during the game, if you dont have that much time.

Doesn't take that long to win compared to the PC versions. If your starting out, I would probably say 1 -1 and a half hours. This all depends though on what difficulty you start at. Also, you can always save your game at any point during the game, if you dont have that much time.

Wow 1 1/2 hours, I think that's on the fast end I think. Personally I like to mull over my strategies. CivRev takes me 3-4 hours a game. Just as a comparison, while some people can finish Civ4 (Standard map) in 8 hours, I typically take 16-24 hours, sometimes longer (depending on how much combat is going on).

Yeah I'd say the average length of a full game would be 3-4 hours, at least on multiplayer. I could probably get a singleplayer game done in 2 hours.

Wow 1 1/2 hours, I think that's on the fast end I think. Personally I like to mull over my strategies. CivRev takes me 3-4 hours a game. Just as a comparison, while some people can finish Civ4 (Standard map) in 8 hours, I typically take 16-24 hours, sometimes longer (depending on how much combat is going on).

Heh, yeah I like to finish quick. Of course, the 1 1/2 hour game was on warlord. Just started King today and its taken me longer to finish.

I bought CivRev for XBOX360

Its not as indepth as CIV for a PC but not all that bad

Quicker building quere for units,building wonders and worker jobs.

I have played a few games and am enjoying it thus far:goodjob:

No, not winning in an hour but just taking time enjoying myself

SP is 2 for me on Warlord but probably more online. Has anyone ever figred out the TOTAL amount of turns in a game? I think I'll do that.

I bought PS3 but haven't got a chance to test it out.
that's the plan for tomorrow!

I like to play slow and savor the game,
I also find that if you spend more time at the beginning to plan it out, it becomes easier to win later... :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom