Cool Pictures 14: no , it wasn't me who painted Mona Lisa

It seems AI has infiltrated in this thread too. :shifty:
It's not AI, the artist deliberately goes for wonky lettering
20240410_185917.jpg

Wasn't talking about the ones in that last post, but previous ones. Some cats, cakes and Conans. :)

Wasn't talking about the ones in that last post, but previous ones. Some cats, cakes and Conans. :)
Are you suggesting that the cake pictures I post are fake? :huh:

There are websites that have recipes and instructions for making some of the ones I post.

I even gave up my own cookie recipe for the sake of this thread (the Easter Penguin picture).

These ones are definitely AI:

Spoiler :
1709385870713.png516218-ed44fbaf824579bc5fae660537b7306e.pngcow-cake.jpg16-05-2023d.jpgautumn-foliage-stream.jpg

These ones are suspicious (probably AI generated and then improved with photoshop or vice-versa):

Spoiler :

Big-Bear-cake-Ursa-Major.jpgowl-at-night.jpgsteampunk-cake1.jpg

There are probably more but I am too lazy to check them all.

the AI is a business opportunity ... Not that ı would approve but CFC is certain to have quite the "educational value" for computers . Even if the likes of Musk and whatnot have been given just tiny speck of blood on the nose . When it looked like becoming a veritable flood , hurting the aesthetic sensibilities with the stuff , basically enough grumbling was offered so that a new thread happened elsewhere . Must be cool up there , must have a post there or whatever but ı don't follow it and it doesn't show up in the alerts . No problem for me that two seperate off-topics to exist . One where ı am not welcomed . So , ı have no trouble with a picture or too seeping here , we will survive . So , like it would be good not giving a vibe for creating more venues to get stuff deleted . When it becomes hot enough there will be no need to work on making people hate me .

These ones are definitely AI:

These ones are suspicious (probably AI generated and then improved with photoshop or vice-versa):

There are probably more but I am too lazy to check them all.
Your evidence? What's wrong with the owl picture? I'll concede that some cake pictures I've posted are extremely fancy and detailed, but consider that there actually are bakers who are just that good (I've seen some do what might look like magic if I hadn't seen them actually prepare and bake the damn things myself on baking shows on TV).

You want something that's not AI?

Okay, fine.

lake-minnewanka-squirrel.jpg

This image is popularly known as the "Lake Minnewanka Squirrel." The squirrel photo-bombed this couple who were at Lake Minnewanka for their honeymoon. They didn't realize exactly what happened until after they got home and went through their pictures. Then just for the hell of it, they sent it off to a National Geographic photo contest and won in whatever they call the "Comedy" or "Best Humor" category. Yes, Lake Minnewanka is a real place (one of the mountain lakes not far from Banff, Alberta). I've been there.

Y'know what, people? I AM FED UP WITH THE GRIPING AND INCONSISTENCY IN THIS THREAD.

I've been snarked at for posting cat pictures because we have a dedicated cat thread. Okay, so I post penguins. We don't have a dedicated penguin thread. We also don't have a dedicated cake thread. I've acknowledged the two or three others I realized were AI. Guess what - I don't have accesses to move them (the reflection on the water, cat on the back of a bird, weird interior design of a triple bunk bed).

Last edited:
The one with the chocolate bull and the other images in the first group are definitely AI, first because it is pretty evident for anyone familiarized with AI images and second because it gives 99.9% in AI image detectors which look for some characteristic artifacts and patrons invisible for the human eye.
Screenshot_20240411-133008.png

The 'suspicious' ones are not that evident but when uploaded it to the AI detector it returns a smaller percentage, maybe 10-15% that is because the image is AI generated and then manually edited, or is a non AI image originally which has been edited with AI tools, like the ones included in last versions of Photoshop.

A true untouched photography, apart of being evidently authentic for the careful eye, is going to return a 0%, 0.1% or so. Like the one with the squirrel:

Screenshot_20240411-133455.png
The percentage showed depends mostly on the amount of surface in the image which has been AI generated or modified vs the non AI surface. There are ways to partially outsmart the AI detector so it gives not a 99.9% in AI generated images but it is practically impossible to reach anything close to the 0% unless you destroy the image completely. On false positives I have seen the AI detector to return some very small percentages in untouched photographies, from 0.1 to 0.5% or similar, don't know why. But if it is higher than that it is gonna be an AI generated/modified image with all probability.

Still the cakes look pretty yummy be it AI or not AI and the recipes are there to try them oneself, even if the guy who uploaded the recipe was to lazy to do it himself or retouched the pic to make the real cake look even more delicious.

Last edited:
Moderator Action: OK then. Folks please be carful with you post.

The one with the chocolate bull and the other images in the first group are definitely AI, first because it is pretty evident for anyone familiarized with AI images and second because it gives 99.9% in AI image detectors which look for some characteristic artifacts and patrons invisible for the human eye.
View attachment 688621

The 'suspicious' ones are not that evident but when uploaded it to the AI detector it returns a smaller percentage, maybe 10-15% that is because the image is AI generated and then manually edited, or is a non AI image originally which has been edited with AI tools, like the ones included in last versions of Photoshop.

A true untouched photography, apart of being evidently authentic for the careful eye, is going to return a 0%, 0.1% or so. Like the one with the squirrel:

View attachment 688624
The percentage showed depends mostly on the amount of surface in the image which has been AI generated or modified vs the non AI surface. There are ways to partially outsmart the AI detector so it gives not a 99.9% in AI generated images but it is practically impossible to reach anything close to the 0% unless you destroy the image completely. On false positives I have seen the AI detector to return some very small percentages in untouched photographies, from 0.1 to 0.5% or similar, don't know why. But if it is higher than that it is gonna be an AI generated/modified image with all probability.

Still the cakes look pretty yummy be it AI or not AI and the recipes are there to try them oneself, even if the guy who uploaded the recipe was to lazy to do it himself or retouched the pic to make the real cake look even more delicious.
What site or thing did you use to detect AI photos? I guess I should see if any others I've posted are AI.

I rather suspect my participation in this thread will go down to 0%, unless you all like nature photos of penguins (and of course someone's complained about that a few years ago) because it's for "cool pictures" and that's what I've been posting.

Note to staff: If you want my photos out of this thread, LET ME DECIDE WHERE TO PUT THEM. I might stick them in the AI thread or remove them entirely. Just don't delete them, because in some cases it took awhile to find them and I want to keep them.

What site or thing did you use to detect AI photos? I guess I should see if any others I've posted are AI.

I rather suspect my participation in this thread will go down to 0%, unless you all like nature photos of penguins (and of course someone's complained about that a few years ago) because it's for "cool pictures" and that's what I've been posting.

Note to staff: If you want my photos out of this thread, LET ME DECIDE WHERE TO PUT THEM. I might stick them in the AI thread or remove them entirely. Just don't delete them, because in some cases it took awhile to find them and I want to keep them.
Without checking, I would say most of your other images are 100% real even if it is increasingly difficult to differentiate AI from not AI with a simple glance. Still, there is something apparently 'random' but right in natural images, while in AI images everything has a purpose, even if the purpose is entirely wrong (like a hand with six fingers).

To anyone check:
https://hivemoderation.com/ai-generated-content-detection

it is a mistake to give in . There is a thread for AI pictures , let them test their pictures if it fits the norms there .

It wants my contact information. Are there any others that don't want a person's information just for a demo?
Plenty. You only have to look in Google for "AI image detector" but HiveModeration is the oldest one and the most reputed among the community.
That is supposed to be an oil painting? The tool is not 100% reliable (it is basically an AI trained to recognize AI 'work') but that result is way too high to be a false positive.

You only have to look in Google for "AI image detector" but HiveModeration is the oldest one and the most reputed among the community.
You realize how much AI crap is infesting the search engines now?

I don't care enough about this to fork over $$$ to figure out if a picture is fake or not. If it's obvious, fine, I won't claim it's real. If it's so close that it doesn't make a significant difference for the purpose I want it for (which is usually inspiration for my stories that all have an element of fantasy in them anyway), I'm not going to fuss about it.

If I'm going to get snarked at for posting a picture of a fancy cake and I've SEEN THE TUTORIAL to make it online, just go fly a kite. Not everything exceptional is fake.

What does profoundly annoy me about AI is when someone sticks a prompt into one of these things and out pops a story that they figure they can pass off on Amazon, Etsy, or as their NaNoWriMo entry. Professional authors are being cheated, and even fanfic authors are having their stories ripped off. As for me, I go through NaNo three times a year, word by painstaking word, counting every single one I write that pertains to the project I'm working on. I honestly don't know why someone would cheat and use a bot. It's not like there are free tangible prizes for this - unless you want to print out your winner's certificate or badge. There's a cost to all the other prizes if you want to claim them (discounts off writing, editing, and publishing programs).

And every damn time I highlight a sentence now, no matter who wrote it, up pops this obnoxious thing called Copilot that seems overly eager to rewrite what I've highlighted. I'd love to make that thing go away.

It wants my contact information. Are there any others that don't want a person's information just for a demo?
?? It didn't ask me for anything, I just uploaded an image

That is supposed to be an oil painting? The tool is not 100% reliable (it is basically an AI trained to recognize AI 'work') but that result is way too high to be a false positive.
I don't know about the medium, but his works seem to be traditional paintings. Besides, some of them are pretty large

Fahad Kholaif is a Saudi painter

View attachment 688792

Creative parents, creative kid.
The AI-detector site is giving it a 98% rating, that's to say highly likely to contain AI-generated content.

Look at the inconsistent and incoherent labelling on the bottles, the armless man on the left, the wheelchair-ridden man to his right sitting obstructed by a bicycle for some reason, and the world's weirdest bicycle on the right of the child. All else aside, something about the child's expression and stance was already screaming 'AI' to me

Top Bottom