Cool Pictures 14: no , it wasn't me who painted Mona Lisa

It appears to be virtually naked too. The neck lump (and the lack of antlers) makes it look rather like a camel.

Huh. I didn't realise that female elks don't have antlers. Reindeer do, so I just assumed that elks did as well.

When your feathers have that wind-blown look and you can't decide whether or not to be embarrassed about it:

penguin-on-windy-day.jpg

King penguin parent tends to their chick:

king-penguin-&-chick.jpg

And now back to our regularly schedulred program of cool pictures.

Changes in the path of the lower Mississippi over the decades. This is one section of a map tracking those changes of the lower Mississippi River.

Mississippi map.jpg

Houses sit on the slopes of the Jalousie neighborhood in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on Monday, May 13.I guess one gets around in such neighborhoods on foot or scooter? Would there be plumbing in such neighborhoods?

240516165504-13-week-in-photos-051624.jpg

Last edited:
Houses sit on the slopes of the Jalousie neighborhood in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on Monday, May 13.I guess one gets around in such neighborhoods on foot or scooter? Would there be plumbing in such neighborhoods?

View attachment 691468
Nope. They use outhouses, if they're lucky enough to have access. Otherwise, they're basically living in a human-size cesspool that can flood and kill people.

Top Bottom