Cool Pictures from the Mind of a Machine: AI Generated Pictures

Spoiler Not the Ayatollah :

cover-24532224223279164.png

cover-513687332783622.png

cover-5256442181266785.png

Connect with me

Adolf Hitler but not Adolf Hitler, and the AI ends up making something like you'd expect to see at an art museum (not necessarily a compliment :cringe:)

cover-6319300596386843-1.png

What constitutes "AI-generated" art in this thread?
If I use evolutionary strategies or other algorithms based on "artificial life" to create a picture of a person (or something else) using hydrodynamic singularities, does that qualify as AI art?
zgreen4a.gif

What if I use an arrangement of hulls like this as a kind of paintbrush that an AI algorithm I write uses to create a picture?
ll4wein.gif

mage.space just underwent a drastic change so now instead of being a platform to run SD online it's just an ultrageneric glorified filter site. Worst of all, all of my generations have disappeared. 1000s of them, gone just like that

Some of us are having an argument on FB about this picture:

shatner-fake.jpg

This is supposedly a color photo of William Shatner in the late 1950s/maybe very early, pre-Star Trek 1960s.

Some of us are convinced it's a fake (as in it's based on a real black and white photo of him, but this particular version isn't the real deal).

Others insist it's genuine. There's something about it that seems off to me. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it's giving me vibes of some of the fake pictures of the Merlin cast on Pinterest - the ones that look too smooth and enhanced, but are based on real photos.

Can anyone offer insight into this?

Some of us are having an argument on FB about this picture:

View attachment 692647

This is supposedly a color photo of William Shatner in the late 1950s/maybe very early, pre-Star Trek 1960s.

Some of us are convinced it's a fake (as in it's based on a real black and white photo of him, but this particular version isn't the real deal).

Others insist it's genuine. There's something about it that seems off to me. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it's giving me vibes of some of the fake pictures of the Merlin cast on Pinterest - the ones that look too smooth and enhanced, but are based on real photos.

Can anyone offer insight into this?
I found this image, though it does not really answer your question

Yes, that's the one it's based on. We're about evenly divided on the question of whether the color version is real or if there have been enhancements. Some people look at it and see elements of Chris Pine in there.

I don't see that myself; Pine's eyes are too close together, and that's unquestionably Shatner's mouth. Maybe he had exceptionally good skin? I know that he didn't have a hairy chest while filming TOS (all those shirtless scenes and scenes where his shirt was partially ripped).

Last edited:
I think both are fake.

Top Bottom