COTM 121 Ottomans Demigod - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

In this case it would be interesting to know some details about Kuninga's game. Perhaps the difference to my game is that he got lucky with the Philo-race and local wonders and the early crossing, while templar and myself only got two out of three?

My impression from looking at the replay is that he made a pause for research in the middle of the game and then reached the other continent faster than you (!), at least with troops, presumably using the knowledge of Navigation. I got the impression from your spoiler that you didn't prioritize research at all, from which you were saved by the lucky crossing. So while it "made" your game, it didn't make the game of the month competition as a whole.

However, this is not the kind of luck where you take three cities each with the last red-lined unit, but where the adverse result would not have seriously hurt you. So you lose a boat.

If you send out enough boats, one of them is bound to arrive. The probability of surviving three turns in the ocean is, I think, 1/64. If they each send out, say, ten boats, one player out of six to seven would on average succeed. So all I can say is: "Good for you!" Such are the rules of the game.

Top Bottom