Resource icon

Cracked Civ3ConquestsEdit - v1.22 2016-10-05

Originally posted by Mendax
i've no idea why the listboxes are flat - i haven't flatten them... just haven't noticed. that does not corrupt anything, i think...

If you have a unit with teh "Enslave" ability, it is really hard to choose the "Enslave results in" units as there is no scrollbar anymore.

Otherwise, Great find. May come in handy for the MTG Mod. I was just going to have "Airlift" be renamed to "teleport", and offer it early game, but now I may not need to.

- GIDustin

Also, many of the add buttons that are now enabled to absolutlely nothing:

Eras
World Sizes
Combat Experience
Diplomats and Spies
Worker Jobs
Terrain

Problably no code behind the buttons or whatnot. Might be best to just re-delete them

- GIDustin

Excellent working on cracking the Editor. I hope that the updated Editor will include some of these options.

Teleport sounds really interesting. Wonder if it allows us to have a proper arms tarde, rather than just a worker trade. Also I really like the idea of adding a Teleport Tech at the end of the Modern Era in my mods.

Charm sounds like an ability priests could have to either convert units or convert cities... similar to bombard... has % chance of working, a given no of tiles distance that it works, and certain structures would have defence against charm, such as churches or temples

they would have copied the entire bombardment system as an easy way to create it... changing only the final outcome.

this is very interesting.

Originally posted by Bane Star
Charm sounds like an ability priests could have to either convert units or convert cities... similar to bombard... has % chance of working, a given no of tiles distance that it works, and certain structures would have defence against charm, such as churches or temples

they would have copied the entire bombardment system as an easy way to create it... changing only the final outcome.
I agree. That is my guess too; units such as a monk/priest/mollah/whatever might now actually work. And just like any other building that decreases corruption, buildings with the "Resistant to Charm" flag might be decreasing the chances of success.

Could be possible.

Originally posted by GIDustin

If you have a unit with teh "Enslave" ability, it is really hard to choose the "Enslave results in" units as there is no scrollbar anymore.

- GIDustin
ok. fixed.
here you'll find the "better" version...

(CG)Mendax

Gramphos or Mendax,

Do you know of a program or could you make one that allows saved games to have their rules edited?

I know Gramphos' Mutli tool (1.09.1) comes very close, but I haven't been able to load an exported scenario from the save file into the true Civ3 editor (conquests).

Or could we go another way and reset the saving flag (or whatever it is) that tells the game what rules to save the first time it is saved?

It boggles my mind that there hasn't been more of a push for this.

What is the error when you try to load an exported rule in the editor. (There was a bug with C3C exported rules, but it should have been fixed in 1.09)

hehe, this one is interesting. I think teleport will be useful for Borg civ in Star Trek Mod :) :goodjob:

Don't know, is it possible to change the editor, so that armies can get attack and defence values on their own?

EDIT: Oh and trying to download the new version results in an error. Says something like "access denied, error 403"

Gramphos,

When I export a map only from the map or export scenario (all map options only checked) tab. The map loads, but without cities, only roads, outposts, maybe a few other things. No cities, units, irrigation,...

When I export from the map tab or scenario tab and include the rules I get "Not a valid Civ3 file". Then if I save over the file with rules, saving only the map I get a "seek failed on <path and name of scenario>"

Both the map export and the scenario export have the same window title "Select name of scenario file to export map to" if that matters.

When I try to import the scenario file I just saved into C3MT I get "unknown section: after GAME". (this is after a few times of replacing the same file with rules and map, map only, rules only, etc...).

Here are my versions:
C3C 1.12
C3C editor 1.01
C3C bic file version 12.07
Files are saved from C3MT as .biq files
C3MT 1.09.1

Hope that helps, I'm dying to be able to change rules in a save file, thanks for the reply...

Originally posted by GIDustin
Also, many of the add buttons that are now enabled to absolutlely nothing:

Eras
World Sizes
Combat Experience
Diplomats and Spies
Worker Jobs
Terrain

Problably no code behind the buttons or whatnot. Might be best to just re-delete them

- GIDustin

:rolleyes:

Guys- how come that in ChrissiCom's hacked Civ3 editor the add button allows a seemingly unlimited number of civs into the game (see screenshot) and in PTW & C3C it is impossible to reverse this as well ??? There should be a possibility, right- and U guys have some experience with alterations of the bic/bix/biq files, right ??

My request- somebody that can edit these files to make a C3C hack with this add 32+ (PLUS!!!) civilizations function :) and perhaps a possibility to make the Combat Experience Add work...

AFAIK even if you have more than 31+barbs in a BIC/BIX/BIQ file you won't be able to play with them. there's a hardcoded limit in game...
the same (i mean hard-coding) is with experience levels...

with enabling them i just wanted to show that they ARE in the editor.

(CG)Mendax

I've read Gramphos' mini-tutorial, and it's been helpful, but I have a few more questions about teleporting units.

Has anybody been able to make units teleport to cities, using a City Improvement rather than a unit? I tried to set it up, but couldn't get it to work in my test scen. Also, has anybody been able to find a way to teleport units to another civ's city? I don't expect this to be possible, but somebody raised the idea of weapons trade, and I guess that's how you'd do it (if it's at all possible.)

If anybody has found a method for creating these effects, please, enlighten us all. :D

Try as I might I can't find any way to have charm have any effect other than to destroy terrain improvements.
Anybody learn anything new about these features?

Charm... and Charm Barrier... sounds like someone at Firaxis was playing too many Final Fantasy games. :lol: Although, it does sound like it might be used for enslavement.

BTW, the crop map was always there. Press F12. :)

@ grandmaster:

Yep, I'm using teleport ability to a city in my mod (TML3), with the airport. Works fine.

First set the building to "acts as a general telepad".
Then, flag the unit(s) "teleportable".
And select the building in "Legal Bldg Telepads" (bottom right).

Top Bottom