Crashes upon game load after mods

Rynian

Chieftain
I used steam workshop to add mods to the Mac version. I downloaded RED, the submod that makes RED have larger units to see the art better, a map Im not using, and JFD's civ pack.

The first time I tried playing, after pressing next from loading mods the game crashed.

Next time, I got to the start of the game and the game crashed.

Do I still need to rig the game to play mods properly even though it seems built into the mac version? Do any of these mods require DLLs that would interfere on the mac version?

I'd like to play the game with some mods, but its hard to tell what will even work.

In my experience R.E.D. puts quite a strain on the computer because there are lots of graphics files. I have a fairly new iMac, and I still play with the graphics options dialled down to fairly low settings to avoid everything slowing down too much. And I only play on standard size maps. It may just be that you are overloading the machine with more graphics than it can handle. You don't say what machine you are using. You can tell if the mods have DLLs by looking in the Mods folder for them.

fudge I tried on the lowest settings. Still had some issues. I am going to disable all the civ mods I dont use in a game to see what I can do. Might fully disable RED, I don't want to go to min settings ;p

I just unchecked half the additional civ mods and its running fine for now.

if it gets worse Ill have to remove RED which I dont WANT to do, but if I have to i will

Top Bottom