Creating a model of ancient Olympia - can you help with resources? :)

Kyriakos

Creator
I am modelling the site, yet i run into a number of issues, re how it looked prior to the roman era:

1) While most of the buildings are there in all concept art i saw, most of the concept art is indeed from the roman era. I could use some trusted macedonian era (at the latest) info on the site's buildings

2) Each artist seems to improvise with the details, eg the size of columns, covered areas of main buildings (including the monumental ones), so if anyone knows of a trusted source there, i would welcome it!

Currently this is my work in progress:

which is mostly based on a roman era reconstruction:

(some summoning follows ^^ @Flying Pig @Thorgalaeg

Last edited:
I doubt that most of those things are known precisely - particularly the nature of coverings, which are unlikely to have survived long enough to be excavated. For your purposes, they're also probably quite unimportant. What matters, surely, is that people recognise the site, not that a given temple has thirty rather than twenty-eight columns along its side.

Pretty nice. It is all your work?

Yes :)

I doubt that most of those things are known precisely - particularly the nature of coverings, which are unlikely to have survived long enough to be excavated. For your purposes, they're also probably quite unimportant. What matters, surely, is that people recognise the site, not that a given temple has thirty rather than twenty-eight columns along its side.

You don't realize just how OCD i am :D

Top Bottom