Crusader Kings 2

Yeah I doubt I would use the Aztec Invasion DLC except maybe once.

It seems quite a bit cheaper to buy the expansions individually rather than the DLC pack although I wouldn't get any of the portraits. Not sure if there are any particularly useful ones? These are the bits that I believe that I would need excluding Horselords which isn't on sale:

Base game
Sword of Islam
Legacy of Rome
The Republic
Rajas of India
The Old Gods
Charlemagne

which comes to 24.77. Not sure if I've missed any other important DLC?

Ruler Designer is another good one to have. Not particularly important, but if it's cheap I'd pick it up.

I tend to spent most of my time in Britannia or with the Norse, so I got the Celtic, Saxon and Norse unit packs. You might want to play a bit first and see where you'd spend time before going in for units though

The most important ones are (imho):
Legacy of Rome (Retinues)
Charlemagne (Early Start Date)
Way of Life (a lot of cool character related options)

Optional ones:
Ruler Designer (If you want to create your own Dynasty)
The Republic (If you want to play republics)
The Old Gods (If you want to play as a Norse ruler)
Sword of Islam (If you want to play as an islamic ruler)
Rajas of India (If you want to play in India)

How early is Charlemagne? TOG starts in like ~866 IIRC. I thought they shared the same start date actually.

Ah okay I didn't realise the culture of the tutor mattered. Hopefully will be able to switch back to Irish.

Hopefully your cultural buildings didn't explode.

They did not. Also it seems that its not guaranteed to switch back so at the moment the plan is to stick with Mande. I did have an event where I could exile someone to Ghana which I guess is related.

Have continued the game a bit further and I've now got the Kingdom title. What do you all do about managing successions? My first ruler had lots of children so they each got a count and it was reasonably straight forward to assassinate some of them whilst revoking titles from others but it did take a while to fully re unite the realm. I also held off creating a second ducal title until I could get the Kingdom title immediately afterwards as my understanding is that whoever inherited the second ducal title would have been independant. Not 100% sure whether that is correct.

Is it a bad idea to give landed titles to sons before you die? I gave my second son a duchy after initially just giving him Dublin and he keeps on picking random characters as heir instead of me. Additionally he has turned Meath into a republic which I'm inclined to leave but not sure if there is anything to bear in mind and did it happen just because his main holding was sufficiently advanced?

What I do is institute elective or be a better religion.

Expansion alert! Expansion alert!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ii-conclave-to-be-released-early-2016.901254/

Your Council Would Like a Word With You
New Crusader Kings II Expansion “Conclave” Coming Soon​

The new year will bring new goodies from Paradox Development Studio and the team behind Crusader Kings II, Paradox’s best-selling and critically beloved medieval grand strategy game.

Conclave, the newest expansion for the game, will give your vassals some bite to go along with your bark, as the council that governs your realm will now demand some say in how you rule. Powerful dukes, regardless of competence, will require a seat at the table, and those left on the outside will be more likely to plot against you.

Keep your council happy, and the mighty vassals will resist the pull of faction and civil war. Dismiss their interests, though, and you may find yourself trying to hold together a council at war with itself.

Balance councillor skill and power to keep your dynasty safe and strong. Ignore powerful underlings at your peril, or simply buy their loyalty with favors. Conclave makes the royal council a force unto itself.

Other features of Conclave will include:
- Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws – or you can try to limit their power and influence
- Revised education system for royal children, with new traits and events designed for childhood
- New diplomatic system that prioritizes marital alliances and non-aggression pacts, as well as the possibility of coalitions
- Improved military combat model with a greater emphasis on morale, as well as new rules for mercenary companies
- And many more smaller changes including the usual tweaks to how the AI prioritizes its decisions.
So the choice will be yours; do you dare to challenge your vassals on their council at the risk of challenging them on the battlefield? Can you move your nation towards greater centralization and power without your advisors realizing how much they are losing in the deal?

Crusader Kings II appreciates the subtlety of court intrigue. Conclave will give you new avenues to test that skill.

Conclave will be available in early 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6_n_qy53Isk

Other features of Conclave will include:
- And many more smaller changes including the usual tweaks to how the AI prioritizes its decisions.

I love paying for patches

Could we perhaps complain about the details of the DLC when the actual details are out, rather than just a few highlights?

- New diplomatic system that prioritizes marital alliances and non-aggression pacts, as well as the possibility of coalitions
okay so if they're doing this does that mean catholics'll get CBs that don't suck eggs

I look forward to head more details; if they make vassals more dangerous then late game empires will be more intriguing to play as; I want a challenge to keep my empire united.

Also the video was enjoyable.

Top Bottom