CS Victory?

So I was thinking about this senario: on a Pangea map, all civ capitals are fairly close together, and a CS is in the middle. Somehow the CS ends up at war with all the civs and takes ALL the capitals, which it can't raze.

How does the CS behave when it's huge? And would it win a domination victory, similar to how barbarians could win if X number of nukes were detonated in Civ 4?

Technically, they'd win but the game probably wouldn't specify the city state that won. It'd just give you a defeat screen.

So I was thinking about this senario: on a Pangea map, all civ capitals are fairly close together, and a CS is in the middle. Somehow the CS ends up at war with all the civs and takes ALL the capitals, which it can't raze.

Wouldn't the last civ with a capitol on the CS turn win? IE whoever got rolled last?

How does the CS behave when it's huge? And would it win a domination victory, similar to how barbarians could win if X number of nukes were detonated in Civ 4?

Barbs only won that way in a mod for Civ IV, and an imbalanced one at that. In the base game you could fire 1000's of nukes and the only consequences were to be massively hated by anybody who didn't despise your target, and of course desert fairy magic.

Wouldn't the last civ with a capitol on the CS turn win? IE whoever got rolled last?
Not since BNW. You need to control all capitals in order to win a domination victory, not just be the last player in control of your own.

Answer to the OP: Venice wins, as soon as he can buy that CS.

How does the CS behave when it's huge?

I can't really answer that (for now, but I have made it my goal to help a CS conquer a few cities and a capital so I can buy the whole lot with a MoV) but in a recent game as Venice I had a CS that conquered a Roman city, annexed it and kept it for the whole game.

It behaved normally. It produced a worker and got all the resources upgraded. It built much the same buildings the "mother CS" built (I know this because late in the game I finally bought the CS and got the two cities as puppets) and it had a whole lot of units for a CS (I don't know if CS pay maintenance, but if so the fact Civs sent TR to both cities probably made it rich...). It produced more science than CS normally do and based on the units it had when I bought it, it did better in science than quite a few major Civs. It also had a Great General, possibly captured (?).

Barbs only won that way in a mod for Civ IV, and an imbalanced one at that. In the base game you could fire 1000's of nukes and the only consequences were to be massively hated by anybody who didn't despise your target, and of course desert fairy magic.

In BtS, after X number of nukes, you'd get a pop-up that said something like "your scientists predict that further nuclear detonation will destabilize the planet's core". Then after you fire off however many more, you get a defeat screen that says the barbarians won a domination victory.

Top Bottom