CTD destroys game settings

AndarielHalo

Prince
Continuing the nonstop tradition in Rise of Mankind A New Dawn, forever exiling me from ever experiencing the future technologies, my game has crashed again.

This time, it's somehow managed to erase my game settings.

When I re-loaded the game a second time, it was no longer in widescreen, it began giving me the same "voice capture" bull :):):):) messages I had resolved months ago, shut all my graphics down to the lowest level, and reverted to a "Default" profile.

I don't even know where to begin this time. What should I do?

EDIT: It did not delete my profile. I fixed the voice capture thing and such, but I'm still very insecure as to whether my settings remain in play or not.

Continuing the nonstop tradition in Rise of Mankind A New Dawn, forever exiling me from ever experiencing the future technologies, my game has crashed again.

This time, it's somehow managed to erase my game settings.

When I re-loaded the game a second time, it was no longer in widescreen, it began giving me the same "voice capture" bull :):):):) messages I had resolved months ago, shut all my graphics down to the lowest level, and reverted to a "Default" profile.

I don't even know where to begin this time. What should I do?

EDIT: It did not delete my profile. I fixed the voice capture thing and such, but I'm still very insecure as to whether my settings remain in play or not.

Did you delete your Civilization4.ini? That's where your setting are stored.

The game crashed. My next step was opening the game again. Then it crashed again in the same spot. Then it did all that. It didn't crash a third time

Top Bottom