Ctd- leaderheads

Gatsby

King
Hello,

When I try to start a game and click on the name of a civ, the game immediately crashes to desktop. I believe this is to do with the now-animated leaderheads (my computer isn't top of the line). Is there anyway around this ie frozen leaderhead pictures instead of animated leaderheads, or some other solution? Thanks.

Probably your graphics card does not support shaders. I am not sure how to test, from a shader system, whether everything is correct for non-shader systems. So something might be wrong in the file which lists the graphics for each leaderhead for non-shader systems.

The distribution also contains a file which references flat non-animated leaderheads. Here is what you can do using a file explorer.

1. Navigate to directory mods\Fury Road\Assets\XML\Art
2. Rename file CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml to some other name, maybe lh-anim.txt. Changing the file type may generate a warning but it is probably better to do it.
3. Rename file lh-flat.txt to CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml

Please let us know if that enables you to bring up the mod.

I recently reinstalled this mod, and I have the same problem, and after the fix you list it still happens but only with specific civs it seems, and I can't remember the names for some reason >< sorry, I will do some more testing and get back to you on the ones that cause the crash.
Edit
Well I did some testing and it only seems to crash on me for the House of Usher and The Lost Boys

Top Bottom