C'thulhu?

One problem with calling the Octopus Overlords the Old Ones is that they are not actually very old. Although Kael won't share all of the details, most of the evidence points to them being the creations of the dreams of Hemah, who is himself the creation of a dream of Danalin which is made into a nightmare by the influence of the whispering Hastur. They are not under the control of any god, but ultimately arise from the subconscious of the God of Water. They are certainly not as ancient as the gods, archangels, or Mankind. They probably did not exist until the current age, and are younger than many mortal main characters still living in Erebus.

On the other hand, their followers are crazy, and don't understand history nearly well enough to know how young their old ones are.

I'm aware. It's actually one of the reasons that I like the name. :lol:

One thing though: I'm more of the opinion that Hemah is actually Danalin, or at least some part of him, rather than a figment of his dream.

I'm aware. It's actually one of the reasons that I like the name. :lol:

One thing though: I'm more of the opinion that Hemah is actually Danalin, or at least some part of him, rather than a figment of his dream.

one could still fit it with the lore calling them Old Ones... they would be only the worshippers and can therefore represent a "young" religion. The old ones, in H.P.L.'s work, are often connected to extremly old and powerful species from outer space/dimensions, often linked to the water, deep ocean. They are so powerful that any manifestation of them drives the one receiving their attention in whatever form is being drived crazy. But all of that would of course not fot with erebus lore and danalin. But it would fit to Hemah in a way. So, excuse my chitchat, but it would be intersting to merge some stuff of the old ones from H.P.L. with OO and erebus lore and make sth new out of it what still fits the lore. Problem is that the Old Ones are... no gods, so they would represent sth completly new, what you don't want. So let's leave this topic...

Greez,

Tschuggi

Top Bottom