Cuba Mod

sween32

The Worthless
After many weeks of asking continueous questions, and many wasted threads and versions, it's DONE. You can now download the FINAL version of the Cuban Mod for Civilization III.

IT DOES NOT GO OVER YOUR CIV3MOD, so you will not lose any Civ's. Just Load the Cuban Scenerio.

DON'T IGNORE THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS! They contain important info you need, such as Civilopedia entries for Cuba and the UU's, and PediaIcon entries to add Fidel's face.

Changed from 1.0 and 1.0: Accurate prerequisites for Guerillero and Guerilla, with stats edited for better gameplay decided by playtesting.

Download Site:
http://www.gis.net/~sween32

Fidel Castro's image WILL be on CubMod 1.0! It won't be like the cool computer-graphic like the leaders already in the game (which I really wanted to make), but it will be the photo's provided by dsaindon.

There will be much editing on version 1.0. Sam 2's will only be allowed to Intercept and Rebase for their air missions, eliminating the Bombard ability (this should have never been there since they don't do that anyways). Cuba will still not be able to make Stealth Fighters/Bombers, in trade for the protection of Sam 2's.

ALSO: Guerilleros! This will be what the Cubans get when you gain Nationalism instead of Guerillas. The differance: It looks like a modern worker with a machette. It was kind of odd having Guerillas with machine guns just when I discovered Musketmen. Guerilleros will eventually upgrade to the Guerilla, currently in the Alpha version.

After many weeks of asking continueous questions, and many wasted threads and versions, it's DONE. You can now download the FINAL version of the Cuban Mod for Civilization III.

IT DOES NOT GO OVER YOUR CIV3MOD, so you will not lose any Civ's. Just Load the Cuban Scenerio.

DON'T IGNORE THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS! They contain important info you need, such as Civilopedia entries for Cuba and the UU's, and PediaIcon entries to add Fidel's face.

Changed from 1.0 and 1.0: Accurate prerequisites for Guerillero and Guerilla, with stats edited for better gameplay decided by playtesting.

Download Site:
http://www.gis.net/~sween32

is it play balanced... how many times have you beta tested for balancing?

just wonderin... i think these all should be tested

great fan of civ iii, so much that this is my first post since it came ou(i think)

been lookin at all the files, however, and dled a few maps and the copy tool, but thats it

make a canada with everything you did for cuba... just a request, if its not on your priority list, i dont care

or spain

or austrohungary

something interesting(not that cuba is not(oops forgot the not:) edited it) interesting, im dling it as i speak...)

sorry if im babbling

:D

it was tested by me and half a dozen people on other message boards. this particular forum site was extremely helpful in the creative and inspiration aspect of suggestions, but not so much in the playtesting and balancing opinions.

i asked thousands of questions on what the UU's should be, when they should be available, their stats, and downfalls that would even-out the advantage of having three UU's. this is how it turned out. it seems pretty balanced when you really look at it, and VERY fun to play (which is my top priority).

hopefully haverlock will have the new graphics for guerillero and guerilla done soon.

I know Canada and Spain have already been made by other modders. I'm looking to make an Atlantis civ next, with their UU as a mermaid (a version of the scout for the sea).
http://www.gis.net/~sween32/Atlantis.txt

Top Bottom