Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like I don't read that thread. I was talking about gameplay feedback.

^^ Well, try to finish a single game and post your win. Nobody did so far.

It's not like I don't read that thread. I was talking about gameplay feedback.

I gathered it that much, but was trying to be mischievous. As in -- cannot finish the game with so many bugs.:mischief:

My suggestions:

1.Canada should get all cities in their historical area,as it happened in the real history.
2.Change the 2nd UHV goal to "Control 80% of Canada",so the player are free from covering every ice plot in the north and settling everywhere near American borders in the south.
3.UU and UB are both (almost) useless.Canada needs culture and commerce but not navy or happiness(so many forest preserves).It would be nice if UB gives +1 Commerce from each forest preserve.

UB was instrumental in cultural expansion of Canada. It could provide espionage without horse and generate culture with the horse.

Come to think about it: the very first building I rush buy in new Canadian city is Theater. Should be UB instead. UB should be more useful in spreading Canadian glory than Theater just like it was in reality. Perhaps replacing :espionage: -- > :culture:? Say 4 :culture: without horse, +25% :culture:. Or extra +4 4 :culture: for every horse! Nobody trades horses in late game anyway.

Is Canada conditional spawn? Its on the conditional spawn civ list, but there is no additional mention in RiseandFall.py. Does it mean it is player only or always spawns?

My suggestions:

1.Canada should get all cities in their historical area,as it happened in the real history.
2.Change the 2nd UHV goal to "Control 80% of Canada",so the player are free from covering every ice plot in the north and settling everywhere near American borders in the south.
3.UU and UB are both (almost) useless.Canada needs culture and commerce but not navy or happiness(so many forest preserves).It would be nice if UB gives +1 Commerce from each forest preserve.
2. That would be too easy.
3. While it is nice if a thematically appropriate UB or UU also ties into the UHV, I disagree with the premise that this always has to be the case, and don't want to give them bonuses without basis in reality to make that happen.

Is Canada conditional spawn? Its on the conditional spawn civ list, but there is no additional mention in RiseandFall.py. Does it mean it is player only or always spawns?
That list is misleadingly named, it actually contains that spawn by flipping the city on their starting plot. This is because both concepts were identical in SoI where the implementation originally came from.

New commit:
- fixed Canadian UP
- fixed interface message colors

New commit: Fixed slave trade costs ONCE AND FOR ALL

Still some problems with Culture - playing as Ethiopia, if one settles at the original spot, the culture mechanism chooses pretty much everywhere over the fish, which one needs in order to get the first UHV. I figured out how to get the UHV by settling elsewhere, but I think the fish should be covered earlier. Also see the incense in Yemen.

Attachments

• Zara Yaqob AD-0275 Turn 159 - nofish.CivBeyondSwordSave
    369.6 KB · Views: 66
Maybe the culture should prioritize tiles with resources first, then after all adjacent tiles with resources covered only should the game decide based on tile type desert/ocean/grassland etc

Still some problems with Culture - playing as Ethiopia, if one settles at the original spot, the culture mechanism chooses pretty much everywhere over the fish, which one needs in order to get the first UHV. I figured out how to get the UHV by settling elsewhere, but I think the fish should be covered earlier. Also see the incense in Yemen.
I agree that there's something wrong with maritime resources (noticed something similar with Beijing). Landlocked cities prioritize land tiles over sea tiles because they don't have harbor access, but the bonus for resources should suffice to overcome that. I'll look at it again.

Maybe the culture should prioritize tiles with resources first, then after all adjacent tiles with resources covered only should the game decide based on tile type desert/ocean/grassland etc
Nah, that would create weird borders.

Lots and lots of logging.

Okay. Is there any quick way to know how slave price is evaluated? Is it still possible to sell slave at the high price of 200 gold?

Okay. Is there any quick way to know how slave price is evaluated? Is it still possible to sell slave at the high price of 200 gold?
Not yet, but I simplified the cost factors in the past to reduce sources of error, maybe I can bring some of them back now.

but like in this Ethiopia case, fish is necessary for it to grow and needs to be prioritized over some deserts.
Did you read my post? I said that it is possibly a bug, no need to change all of the rules.

New commit: Added additional factors to influence slave value.

Fresol, I look forward to you trying to outsmart the AI. I hope it's all covered this time. At least free slaves should be impossible.

New commit:
- Canada now flips all English, French and American cities in the Canadian region
- France won't found cities in Alberta/Manitoba
- renamed Sydney tile on Nova Scotia to Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom