Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know they value sugar over horses?

The logic is that Japan knows you're getting a lot more happiness out of that silk resource than they would for a similar happiness resource. Hence the asymmetric value.

Assuming that their weight for trading silk away remains constant (likely given that it's the same turn), they are willing to trade it away for just sugar, but if trading for horses they also want other resources as well to even the deal. Thus they want sugar more than horses.

Of course, I could just be completely and utterly misunderstanding how the AI works, but that's how I see it.

Oh, no it's just me being a dumb butt, didn't realize there was a second screenshot. That's indeed odd. Can you lend me the save so I can play around with the weights and countercheck the results?

That's indeed odd. Can you lend me the save so I can play around with the weights and countercheck the results?

Here you go. Firstly you can ask Japan what he needs for his silk and then clear table and ask what is he willing to give for your sugar.

My main stumbling block is unpredictability of the whole process. I am really used to the old RFC/vanila weights, with strategic resources being the most expensive, all the food and luxury resources valuing about the same, with AI conducting fair bargain, silk for sugar, for example. Corporation goods valued slightly more, if you didn't have it before the trade.

After you finish with Japan try to end the turn and see what my vassal Tibet does the very next turn. He cancels 3 resources I gave him for his 1 Wheat telling ME that all good things must come to end! And this is for me trying to save him from collapsing.

By the way, this is with a previous SVN, before Persecutor unit.

Copper is a problem. The AI values copper even if they have iron. Which is odd.

Copper is useful as a conductor for electricity.

Which isn't represented at all in the game I think. Is it a resource for Computer Industry? If not it definitely should be.

it accelerates production of internet iirc

Which is only buildable by a single civilization, even though its whole point is global interaction. That project really needs some tweaking. I propose that in addition to its current effects it doubles the yields of Computer Industry and/or grants an additional hammer and/or commerce to town improvements, for all civs, not only the one that builds it. Alternatively add a new national project with that effect that requires someone to have created the Internet to represent nations building local infrastructure to interact with the Internet.

The current effect isn't really very appropriate for the Internet anyway.

If there is a project that grants access to techs developed by foreign nations it should be called CIA.

What's happening with tech reseach?

I loaded up as the arab & couldn't get engineering before the Sejuks came as price of tech kept increasing :-(

Here you go.

I have another problem with the file in the quoted post:

Republic+ Capitalism+ Secularism+ Representation+ Free Market+ Naval Dominance=-10 Incompatible Civics ?

I could not find in Pedia that this combination will produce -10(!) hit. And, from the common sense, any given pair out of this 6 sound pretty compatible to me. How do I get this -10 hit then?

Playing Paragon i found China's research is too slow before Calender that it seems impossible to discover math before Rome spawns

If it was balanced for Paragon there would be an other difficulty level as well.

I think Paragon isn't meant to be doable in fact. It should be more a level to accomadate exploiters who use unusual ways and glitches to maximum degree, thus make the game challenging for them without destorting the main experience.

What matters is if Regent is doable and balanced.

Is the game unbalanced for Paragon ...

OR ARE YOU SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

If it was balanced for Paragon there would be an other difficulty level as well.

I think Paragon isn't meant to be doable in fact. It should be more a level to accomadate exploiters who use unusual ways and glitches to maximum degree, thus make the game challenging for them without destorting the main experience.

What matters is if Regent is doable and balanced.

Speaking of Regent, I truly hope that huts do not provide technology. It was the main reason why I stayed away from Regent. Makes the game feel unofficial you know, like a lottery or something.

Sorry to repeat my question: but is the current tech research rate doable for e.g. Arabia, Russia China etc?

As I find it currently for the civs, which I tried, the UHV (on regent) is undoable for those civs which have tech-related goals. Or alternatively, am I overlooking some game mechanics here?

Sorry to repeat my question: but is the current tech research rate doable for e.g. Arabia, Russia China etc?

As I find it currently for the civs, which I tried, the UHV (on regent) is undoable for those civs which have tech-related goals. Or alternatively, am I overlooking some game mechanics here?

England has a tech related goal and it is certainly doable even after nerf on Monarch.

I have another problem with the file in the quoted post:

Republic+ Capitalism+ Secularism+ Representation+ Free Market+ Naval Dominance=-10 Incompatible Civics ?

Never mind this. I just had to wait few turns for game to update the stability numbers after reforming the government :).

In which category do the permanent hits on stability from each turn of anarchy now square in? I know it was a major part of the old mechanic, how about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom