Custom Leaderheads Pack

kochman

Deity
Included in this download pack of 142MB are many additional leaderheads that you can plug in to the existing civilizations of Civ 4 BtS.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14645

Included are:
Afonso Henriques - Portugal
Agemmemnon - Greece
Alexander the Great - Greece (better art than Firaxis did on Alex)
Ataturk - Ottomans
Friedrich Barbarossa - Holy Roman Empire
Basil II Bulgar Slayer - Byzantine
Constantine the Great - Byzantine
Dido - Carthage
Francisco Franco - Spain
Hadrian - Rome
Harald Hardrada - Vikings
Hiawatha - Native Americans
Adolf Hitler - Germany
Jayavarman VII - Khmer
Julius Caesar - Rome (younger version)
Khosrau I - Persia
Alexios I Komnenos - Byzantine
Maximilian I - Holy Roman Empire
Menelik II - Ethiopia
Meiji - Japan
Maurits van Nassau - Netherlands
Nebuchadrezzar II - Babylon
Philip II - Spain
Ptolemy Soter - Egypt
Ronald Reagan - USA
Trajan - Rome
Vercingetorix - Celts

If there are leaders you don't want to use, you simply enter the file called "Custom_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml", find the leader you want, and change the "1" under availability to "0" and save changes.

A lot of people have done some amazing art here (if I forgot your name, just tell me, and I will add it):
The Capo
Nitram15
Ekmek
Amra
Zerver
cool3a2
charle88
Methyl Orange
NikNaks
Bernie14
PW90
Smeagolheart
Chuggi
cfkane
IgorS
cybrxkhan
veBear
The_Coyote
Den9510
pencilgod
mechaerik
C.Roland
RulerOfDaPeople
Wyz_sub10

All you have to do to play with them is:
INSTILLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download and unzip mod
2) Create the following directory and place mod in this directory:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra LHs*/Assets/Modules
3) Copy and paste a .ini file from any other mod, and place it in:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra LHs*/
4) Rename .ini file Extra LHs.ini*
5) Open the .ini file and replace the XML code with the following code:

Code:
[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Extra Civs

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod
6) Start Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword, at main menu select Advanced>Load a Mod
7) Extra LHs* should be an option, select this mod, then select "Go" and the mod should load

* You can actually name this mod whatever you want, but whatever it is, make sure the .ini file has the same name.

Note: You can put more than one mod into the folder, and you only need to do steps 1 & 2for each additional mod after the first one.

Note: Screenshot includes names of leaders from my custom civs which are not included in this download. See links in my signature if interested.

Attachments

• LHs.jpg
    LHs.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,578
This pack basically takes all the busy work out of applying new leaderheads. It took me hours to put together, because some leaderheads (most in fact), are not truly module, in that they are not plug and play. I have done all the XML coding you need to do to just drop this in and make it work.

Please let me know if there are any errors. I tried it and didn't come across any, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

This is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for for quite a while, since I don't want too many additions and I'm too inept at modding and such to add my own. Thanks a lot!

No problem! I figured that some would find it useful.

Quick note, you can easily change the availability or nation of leaders. Just go into the civinformation.xml, and if you want to take a leader out of the game, find his name, change the 1 to 0. If you want to move him to a different nation, cut and paste the entire section for him and put it in the civ you want...

That's a good option for sure. I'm mainly interested in having additional leaders for the civs with only one leader, but romping around the world as Ronald Reagan is very appealing as well.

Note: You can put more than one mod into the folder, and you only need to do steps 1 & 2for each additional mod after the first one.

Just wanted to make sure, sorry if it's a dumb question. I assume this means the other mods in your sig and not just any mod? For example, I've been using Varietas Delectat recently and it would be nice to combine them.

I know I said I don't want too many additions... well, not too many. :D

Well... any mod that is truly modular...
To be modular, it has to be a complete package. Meaning... it has to be able to run as is basically, plug and play... or drag and drop as it were.

So, yes, any of my civs, you can put them all in the same folder as the leaderheads, and then all the civs AND the new LHs for existing civs will be available. Most of the civs available here are modular, just make sure they are BtS 3.19, or they won't work... a lot of civs unfortunately haven't been updated to 3.19...

I actually never tried it before, but now as I am putting together one of those what-I-want-in-my-game mods (that I do not intend to share with anybody.... MVAHAHAHA) I think I shall try them. Looks good.

I can't make this mod work...I've done every step you mentioned, i unzipped the file, i created the directory and i put "Custom Leaderheads" file in it, i made the *.ini file and it doesn't make a difference if i load the mod or not... The leaderheads are just not there!!! Do you have an idea on what might went wrong??? I really look forward to test these faces....:)

I can't make this mod work...I've done every step you mentioned, i unzipped the file, i created the directory and i put "Custom Leaderheads" file in it, i made the *.ini file and it doesn't make a difference if i load the mod or not... The leaderheads are just not there!!! Do you have an idea on what might went wrong??? I really look forward to test these faces....:)
What is your directory, exactly?

And make sure your .ini and ini.bak files are named: Fresh Leadership.ini & Fresh Leadership.ini.bak

I will have to look at my set up at home and get back to you.

Never mind that friend....I was searching other posts and i've come up with a solution: I've changed to 1 from 0 at the "modular loading" entry in BTS configuration file....

Anyway that's an excellent work!!!!! It certainly gives a fresh air in the game...!! Well done kochman!! :p:D:D:D:D:D:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Never mind that friend....I was searching other posts and i've come up with a solution: I've changed to 1 from 0 at the "modular loading" entry in BTS configuration file....

Anyway that's an excellent work!!!!! It certainly gives a fresh air in the game...!! Well done kochman!! :p:D:D:D:D:D:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
You're welcome! Glad you like it!

Link broken.

Top Bottom