Custom Resolution Does Not Work?

mattlach

Chieftain
Hey all, I run the DX11 version of Civ 5 and need to set a manual resolution.

I read that I can edit GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini's following two lines to accomplish this:

WindowResX = X
WindowResY = Y

My setup is a somewhat unusual one I am trying to take advantage of in Windowed mode.

I have a 30" 16:10 2560x1600 monitor in landscape mode in the center, with a 20" 1600x1200 4:3 monitor in portrait mode on either side of it.

It looks like this (old pic, but it gets the point across):

While mixed orientation monitor setups (portrait - landscape - portrait) aren't currently supported by any video card maker in full screen gaming mode, it was recommended to me that I could run the game in windowed mode and fit it to the entirety of my three screens.

So, I switched it to windowed mode. Saved settings, quit the game.

Edited GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini to 4960x1600 (1200+2560+1200, 1600), saved the file.

Reloaded the game, and it's back at 2560x1600. Go back and look at GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini, and it is bakc at 2560x1600 again as well.

I'm guessing the game engine has some sort of failsafe that limits the window size to the max resolution of the primary monitor, to avoid the issue where you have a too big window you can't get out of. Is there any way to circumvent this failsafe? some startup switch or configuration file I can use?

I really appreciate any help, as it would be nice to get the most out of my side monitors.

Thanks,
Matt

Top Bottom