dancing Hoskuld's mods [MODULAR]

New versions of my mod pack for RoM 2.9 now loaded. See first post for link.

Contains
- some of Orion Vereran's wonders modified for RoM
- new graphics for trade caravan and viking longboat (button)
- static wonder movies for some of wonders without movies
- spies upgrade to agents
- tea mod

Thx, first to d/l these to.;)

EDIT: The Extra movies do NOT work, causes an error CTD. Take it out everything else works.

OK got these errors in the Audio area:

[41429.450] Audio Manager: Loading Audio Defines file XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml...
[41429.591] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded Audio Defines file XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml.
[41429.591] Audio Manager: Loading 2D Scripts file XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml...
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_DRUID of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_DRUID_MOVIE of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_DRUID_MISSIONARY of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_SHAMAN of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_SHAMAN_MOVIE of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_SHAMAN_MISSIONARY of TagId 0
[41429.825] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded 2D scripts file XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml.
[41429.825] Audio Manager: Loading 3D Scripts file XML\Audio\Audio3DScripts.xml...
[41430.043] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_DRUID_MISSIONARY_ACTIVATE of TagId 0
[41430.043] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_SHAMAN_MISSIONARY_ACTIVATE of TagId 0

[41438.779] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS3D_UN_RECON_HAWK_PATROL of TagId 4
[41438.779] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS3D_UN_RECON_HAWK_COMMAND_PATROL of TagId 4
[41438.779] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS3D_UN_RECON_HAWK_PATROL of TagId 4

OK got these errors in the Audio area:

[41429.450] Audio Manager: Loading Audio Defines file XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml...
[41429.591] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded Audio Defines file XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml.
[41429.591] Audio Manager: Loading 2D Scripts file XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml...
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_DRUID of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_DRUID_MOVIE of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_DRUID_MISSIONARY of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_SHAMAN of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_SHAMAN_MOVIE of TagId 0
[41429.809] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_BUILD_SHAMAN_MISSIONARY of TagId 0
[41429.825] Audio Manager: Successfully loaded 2D scripts file XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml.
[41429.825] Audio Manager: Loading 3D Scripts file XML\Audio\Audio3DScripts.xml...
[41430.043] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_DRUID_MISSIONARY_ACTIVATE of TagId 0
[41430.043] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string SND_SHAMAN_MISSIONARY_ACTIVATE of TagId 0

Rats! I thought I had caught all of these.

[41438.779] ERR: FAudioManager::GetAudioTagIndex(): Could not find string AS3D_UN_RECON_HAWK_COMMAND_PATROL of TagId 4

I have not released a 2.9 version of the hunter mod yet! But yea, it it a problem with using the WoC released units they have some sound files but no sound XML files so I needed to make them up. Looks like I missed something somewhere.

Is there some requirement to actually use the Bushido promotion?

I've founded Shinto in multiple games, converted to it, researched Vassalage (even Feudalism), but can only access the Honour promotion after building the proper building.

Somehow I feel something is missing. The 3 promotions show up in the Civilopedia, but again, I can't personally grant the promotion.

Is there some requirement to actually use the Bushido promotion?

I've founded Shinto in multiple games, converted to it, researched Vassalage (even Feudalism), but can only access the Honour promotion after building the proper building.

Somehow I feel something is missing. The 3 promotions show up in the Civilopedia, but again, I can't personally grant the promotion.

It should be a free promotion given to units produced in the city with the building.

I checked the Civilopedia. The Bushido promotions are accessible to a variety of units, according to its own article, but unit profiles say otherwise. It must be missing from all of them.

The 2.9 version of this mod is preventing ROM 2.9 from loading for me. When I remove the Dancing Hoskuld folder, the game loads.

The 2.9 version of this mod is preventing ROM 2.9 from loading for me. When I remove the Dancing Hoskuld folder, the game loads.

Just take out the "Extra Movies" folder then try it.

Is there anyways to keep the Hunter from being the FIRST scout available, it takes over for the regular scout and messes everything up??

The problem is that it is better than a scout and available on the same tech. I could move it to a different tech. Perhaps make it part of the Scout upgrade path? Move explorer to a bit latter, carry hawk and stronger also?

The problem is that it is better than a scout and available on the same tech. I could move it to a different tech. Perhaps make it part of the Scout upgrade path? Move explorer to a bit latter, carry hawk and stronger also?

The explorer carrying the hawk and stuff sounds intriguing;) Also make the Hunter more like the BeastMaster.

OK i moved the Hunter back to the Tech Writing, now it at least doesNOT show up first;) and changed the str of the Explorer to str 4, plus made the Adventurer to str 13.

The subdue animals also has one flaw, the "extra units" ie, Hunter, Apache's Alchesay or any other civ that already has a starting "scout/recon" unit doesNOT start with the subdued animal, and it will not show up as a promotion button either for them?

OK i dont what to be a nag:mischief: or anything, but the Monk needs to be at least a str 9, at the str it is now "6" just isnt any good for a defensive unit that late in the game, by then the other civs have Light Cav (or higher units) etc with str of 8 (and above)and defeats the monk like nothing. That is why i am suggesting a str of 9, also the Fanatic needs to be at least str 15 to be effective also, cause if your going to call it a Fanatic Monk, then really its more than likely a Kung Fu style monk and has great fighting ability especially with a sword which it is equipped with.

btw yes, when you add the Hunter even in later techs the Barbs still build him faster and more than any other unit.

OK i dont what to be a nag:mischief: or anything, but the Monk needs to be at least a str 9, at the str it is now "6" just isnt any good for a defensive unit that late in the game, by then the other civs have Light Cav (or higher units) etc with str of 8 (and above)and defeats the monk like nothing. That is why i am suggesting a str of 9, also the Fanatic needs to be at least str 15 to be effective also, cause if your going to call it a Fanatic Monk, then really its more than likely a Kung Fu style monk and has great fighting ability especially with a sword which it is equipped with.

Ah well that explains it. I never build horse units until I have Chilvary.

btw yes, when you add the Hunter even in later techs the Barbs still build him faster and more than any other unit.

Interesting, in the last few games I have played they are never built. This is using the ones in Subdue Animals beta 2. I am about to upload beta 3 which includes NotSoGood's mod.

Ah well that explains it. I never build horse units until I have Chilvary.

Interesting, in the last few games I have played they are never built. This is using the ones in Subdue Animals beta 2. I am about to upload beta 3 which includes NotSoGood's mod.

Yeah i use horses because of the extra movement.(sometimes)

Good i need a newer version.;)

btw I like O's version of the library alot better than the normal N Library.
also i put a message in the modder's area on "CapSla" (abbreviated)

@Dancing Hoskuld

I would like to include some of your mods in the next version of HAND (Hydro's A New Dawn). Is that ok? The stuff I am interested in are things that got cut out of ROM such as ...

- Storyteller
- Medic
- Entertainer
- Sniper
- Fanatic
- Monk

Please let me know if that's ok. If not I understand too.

Also I may want to include your vicinity buildings, but am am unsure right now.

@Dancing Hoskuld

I would like to include some of your mods in the next version of HAND (Hydro's A New Dawn). Is that ok? The stuff I am interested in are things that got cut out of ROM such as ...

- Storyteller
- Medic
- Entertainer
- Sniper
- Fanatic
- Monk

Hydro, since its really not a part of AND anymore, wouldn't the title be more appropriate then like Hydro's RoM additions, Hydro Productions, or something like that:confused:

Its dependent upon AND files. Also it was a catchy name. My other ideas were ...

HEMP = Hydro's Expansion Mod Pack
HMMMM = Hydro's Mega Modmodmod
KSM = Kitchen Sink Mod

However a few people said they liked HAND (and so did I) so I went with that. Its just a name after all. Heck I could have called it AND+ :p

Its dependent upon AND files. Also it was a catchy name. My other ideas were ...

HEMP = Hydro's Expansion Mod Pack
HMMMM = Hydro's Mega Modmodmod
KSM = Kitchen Sink Mod

However a few people said they liked HAND (and so did I) so I went with that. Its just a name after all. Heck I could have called it AND+ :p

Now i like HEMP, has a nice ring to it.:p

@Dancing Hoskuld

- Storyteller
- Medic
- Entertainer
- Sniper
- Fanatic
- Monk

You forgot Fundamentalist the modern Fanatic - Oh wait I have not released it yet because I have not tested it fully. Otherwise go ahead - Fanatic, Monk and Fundamentalist come with python code that needs to have an entry put in the config.ini.

Top Bottom