Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Is the Espingol this thing? Shouldn't it... Replace the cannon or something?

Basically? No it shouldn't. On account of it actually being a very early kind of machine gun. The inventor, one Andreas Schumacher, cooked up a "magazine barrel" system that meant each individual barrel could fire fifteen shots with the ammunition stored within. To be honest, it's more comparable to a mitrailleuse than anything else, though it also predates it.

Also, @Natan, Blitz and Logistics do the exact same thing - +1 attack. You can see that for yourself if you get Keshiks with Logistics and upgrade them to Cavalry, and then train other Cavalry. =]

Also also, yes, my design was very much focused on getting out as many Policies as possible. However, to say it's purely a Culture civ is a little unfair. It's a very, very offensive Civ. Cheaper Social Policies over time felt like the best way to express Struensee's radical-reformist approach and the deluge of ideas, but the fact that the Statsraadet is a Courthouse replacement should speak volumes about the approach you should take, particularly wrt midgame warmongering. =]

Basically? No it shouldn't. On account of it actually being a very early kind of machine gun. The inventor, one Andreas Schumacher, cooked up a "magazine barrel" system that meant each individual barrel could fire fifteen shots with the ammunition stored within. To be honest, it's more comparable to a mitrailleuse than anything else, though it also predates it.
I see, sounds like a fun unit then.

Also, @Natan, Blitz and Logistics do the exact same thing - +1 attack. You can see that for yourself if you get Keshiks with Logistics and upgrade them to Cavalry, and then train other Cavalry. =]

Also also, yes, my design was very much focused on getting out as many Policies as possible. However, to say it's purely a Culture civ is a little unfair. It's a very, very offensive Civ. Cheaper Social Policies over time felt like the best way to express Struensee's radical-reformist approach and the deluge of ideas, but the fact that the Statsraadet is a Courthouse replacement should speak volumes about the approach you should take, particularly wrt midgame warmongering. =]
Should Denmark during this period really be a warmongering civ, though? Warmongering presupposes expansionism, while they were pretty much dwarfed by their neighbours and their size only either shrinked or returned back to what it used to be after all those wars. A semi-defensive focus could be nice, though (As they still could put up a fight, but not waltz around the baltics conquering everything from sweden to estonia like in the good ol' days).

Am I the only one that uses Lastsword's promotion convertion mod....

Should Denmark during this period really be a warmongering civ, though? Warmongering presupposes expansionism, while they were pretty much dwarfed by their neighbours and their size only either shrinked or returned back to what it used to be after all those wars. A semi-defensive focus could be nice, though (As they still could put up a fight, but not waltz around the baltics conquering everything from sweden to estonia like in the good ol' days).

The thing is, Denmark during the Time of Struensee was expansionist; at least in regards to Norway. It was further and further integrated, with any powers devolved to Norway returned to Copenhagen and Struensee before the viceroyalty of Norway was abolished entirely. That was what I wanted to focus on with the UB, and while I get that it's not a conventional definition of expansionist, it is a bit more proactive in the subjugation and integration of another people. =]

Hi,

I think Corsica's UA might be too powerful. I have only played against them and not as them yet, so I'll possibly change my opinion later. Still, the +2 Culture for any building produced/bought during Golden Ages, is really powerful especially since it's on top of the rest of the UA. In my recent game (as JFD's Saxony) I played on Immortal and Corsica had the most insane Culture output easily outdoing every other civ in game. And that was the AI!! Imagine what a human player could do, saving up lots of Gold and then spending it all on buildings during Golden Ages! I can't remember the exact numbers of Culture or Social Policies adopted (maybe I still have the data from an InfoAddict log?), but just thought I would let you know. I will do a few more games with them present (both as and against them), and will report back.

Last note; I'm not at all into modding or art or anything, but the Corsica icon looks a bit pixelated in game and so does the Leader icon. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Nah, the AI can do that because the AI on Immortal and Deity gets a boatload of bonuses to production, gold, happiness &c. Human players don't get those. At least, not generally. =]

So, update: the African civ pack is coming together nicely, though there's still plenty of stuff to do. Just to be clear, this is as much Scape's project as it is mine, and I would never be able to pull it off if it wasn't for her awesome designs, knowledge and general optimism about the project :D.

Now, even tough I have my hands full with projects as it is, plans for a Struensee led Denmark civ are now officially confirmed. Need proof? Well, here's a teaser:
Spoiler :

The only bad news here is that we lost a perfect opportunity to see a second mad king release in this thread. :D

Don't you dare change anything in that LS! Its beautiful!!!
(Other than the face. You must change the face)

Can't believe that I skipped over that leaderscreen before - it looks really nice. I'm glad that with the eventual release of JFD's KU focussed Denmark, and yet another one from you we'll finally have some variety beyond the vanilla viking themed civ.

Can't believe that I skipped over that leaderscreen before - it looks really nice. I'm glad that with the eventual release of JFD's KU focussed Denmark, and yet another one from you we'll finally have some variety beyond the vanilla viking themed civ.
I have an industrial era Denmark planned as well somewhere down the line, so.. Lots of Denmarks!! It would be pretty cool to play a Harald Bluetooth vs. Christian IV vs. Valdemar II vs. Magrethe I vs. Struensee vs. Tarcisio's North Sea Empire vs. Industrial era Denmark game [emoji14]

All-Scandi AI Battle Royale, perchance?

I am doing All-Russian AI Domination only game (it isn't published, BTW) Mainly due to my impression that JFD made way too many Russia :lol: .

I am thinking that it will be lovely to see since I think Scandinavia is kind of overrepresented with mod (not that it's a bad thing). We have few version of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and combination of them (and more if we add Finland, Iceland and call it "Nordic Countries")

Tarcisio's North Sea Empire vs. Industrial era Denmark game [emoji14]

Oh man, I totally forgot that a Cnut civ was planned - that's certainly something to look forward to whenever Tarcisio gets around to it.

Obviously this is by no means a priority however, is there any chance you'll be updating the map in your OP after the first (?) African civs pack/Tut are released?

All-Scandi AI Battle Royale, perchance?
I am doing All-Russian AI Domination only game (it isn't published, BTW) Mainly due to my impression that JFD made way too many Russia [emoji38] .

I am thinking that it will be lovely to see since I think Scandinavia is kind of overrepresented with mod (not that it's a bad thing). We have few version of Denmark, Norway, Sweden and combination of them (and more if we add Finland, Iceland and call it "Nordic Countries")

Nordic countries over Scandinavia 'course otherwise Hypereon's Finlands will get lonely ;)

Oh man, I totally forgot that a Cnut civ was planned - that's certainly something to look forward to whenever Tarcisio gets around to it.
Yeah, hopefully Tarcisio will get to it at some point :)
Obviously this is by no means a priority however, is there any chance you'll be updating the map in your OP after the first (?) African civs pack/Tut are released?

Would love for the map to be updated, but since my main map supplier has recently had the audacity to occupy himself with his own civ project (btw a project I'm very much hyped for!!), I can't really say when it'll be updated [emoji14].

Unrelated, but I am very excited by the thought of another Balkan civ that is updated to yneamp v23, when is Dubrovnik/Ragusa planned to come out?

When I come up with a design that's actually functional. =]

I have an industrial era Denmark planned as well somewhere down the line, so.. Lots of Denmarks!!

Christian X is the best!

Top Bottom