Dark Alien December 31, 2017

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
The Dark Aliens have landed :)

Actually, I needed a Darker Alien with less "cute" sounds and a more distinct appearance.
Same animations as the Alien with New Sounds and Colors.

Dark Alien Preview
Note:
different flc speeds prevented adding the Run with this gif but the Alien steps from and to the Default flc very well.

Dark Alien Run

Dark Alien Airdrop

Included Files:
Civilopedia DarkAlienLarge.pcx, DarkAlienSmall.pcx, DarkAlien_units_32.pcx
Alternate and Extra Images
Alien Invasion Great Wonder
Alien Transport Station Improvement
Adjusted .ini file

Animations (flcs):
DarkAlien_Airdrop.flc, DarkAlienDefault, DarkAlienRun, DarkAlienFortify, DarkAlienAttack,
DarkAlienFidget, DarkAlienDeath, DarkAlienVictory.

New Sounds: DarkAlien_Airdrop.wav, DarkAlienRun.wav, DarkAlienFortify.wav, DarkAlienAttack.wav,
DarkAlienFidget.wav, DarkAlienDeath.wav, DarkAlienVictory.wav.

All files have been Game Tested

You can Download the Zip File
Here

Last edited:
That`s great! We can never have enough aliens. :goodjob:

Thanks Civinator... The Original Alien was just too light and a bit too cute for my Game.
This Dark Alien is more distinct in game. The Civ Game does not like light colored units as they can appear sort of washed out or "Ghostly".

I use the same Spaceship Palette for the Airdrop in order to keep the Spaceship looking as it should. The Dark Alien is adjusted so the more Grey Airdrop blends and goes to the default Dark Alien just fine.
Perhaps others will also have a use for this Dark Alien.

Have a Happy New Year... Party Time!

Very cool! I really like the model for this one

I Updated the Dark Alien to correct the Attack Flc and Sound. This prevents the Attack Sound from playing again when the Dark Alien stops attacking as well as playing as the Dark Alien Dies.

Thought I had the Attack Flc and Sound working well but found it was playing again as the Dark Alien died.

Top Bottom