Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't start with that kind of army, they usually fall short of what they are meant to accomplish (which by the way currently often happens anyway). Headstarts both in techs and military are usual in RFC and reflect that the quick rise of a civilization is usually crucial and cannot be adequately represented if the AI is forced to "play fair".

If Ottomans spawn later then the human Byzantium is doomed (it requires to control Anatolia in 1400AD).

Coding the AI to discover gunpowder and capture Constantinopolis is almost undoable. But human Ottomans can spawn without gunpowder for that purpose.

I don't think the Ottomans are that hard to deal with ingame, certainly they do not need such a nerf. As Byzantium you can just use the cash you saved to upgrade some Cataphracts, and send them in after you throw some catapults at the Ottoman doom stack. As Arabia it's even easier, since unlike Cataphracts, Camel archers do not incur a strength penalty, and it's very likely you have a large veteran stack of them by the time Ottomans spawn.

I don't think the Ottomans are that hard to deal with ingame, certainly they do not need such a nerf. As Byzantium you can just use the cash you saved to upgrade some Cataphracts, and send them in after you throw some catapults at the Ottoman doom stack. As Arabia it's even easier, since unlike Cataphracts, Camel archers do not incur a strength penalty, and it's very likely you have a large veteran stack of them by the time Ottomans spawn.

Don't forget the ten year "Oh sorry, this cataphratc is ours!". In 1280AD spawn Byzantium will start pushing the ottomans back in 1380AD, and you have only 2 turns to reconquer Ankyra.

What? Constantinople shouldn't flip, so you just agree to the flip and conquer the cities back.

What? Constantinople shouldn't flip, so you just agree to the flip and conquer the cities back.

Constantinopolis won't flip. Ankyra will flip.

So as I said, let it flip and conquer it back. Also the goal checks at 1450 AD, there's enough time.

exactly, dealing with the Ottomans is quite feasible for the human player (see the UHV thread, or if you want I still have a couple of savegames from my Paragon-victory with Byzantium) and in a fair share of games the Ottomans fail to really become a dominant power (usually if they take a few turns to conquer Constantinople and Arabia doesn't collapse).

I still have to play the Ottomans myself but when playing Arabia or Byzantium or just watching the AI play it out (like in my current Indonesia game or a previous Mongol one) it seems that the situation there is basically fine, maybe the Ottomans could even use a tiny buff (but I dont think so)

Hey, guys, so after a very long time away from the game (technical problems with my computer, it was torture) I came back and saw that the mod has improved tremendously. I've been enjoying a lot the new civs and additions. Thanks, Leoreth, for giving a very long life to civ 4!

Anyway, I'm specifically writing this post because I was just playing with Ethiopia very happily when in 710 AD all my cities were "traded to the independents" and I lost the game just like that. I had accomplished the first two historical victories and was in a Golden Age, I think this happened right when the golden age ended.

What does your stability say? Sounds like you are at collapsing level.

Where did you found your cities? If all your core cities are conquered you lose. If you aren't collapsing and control core cities, then it should be a bug.

Just checked, stability says Solid (+13)

About the cities, I only have Lalibela and Mogadishu (1S of horse).

By the way, I later reuploaded the game and got the exact same thing, but on a third try, I WB'd a settler, founded Zanzibar and I didn't lose my cities this time.

Just checked, stability says Solid (+13)

About the cities, I only have Lalibela and Mogadishu (1S of horse).

By the way, I later reuploaded the game and got the exact same thing, but on a third try, I WB'd a settler, founded Zanzibar and I didn't lose my cities this time.

It seems a bug to me. Report in in bugs and technical issues

It seems a bug to me. Report in in bugs and technical issues

Приветствую, я тоже столкнулся с подобным "багом", когда стабильность была равна Solid (+24), а на следующий ход игра закончилась с потерей городов ("traded to the independents"). За несколько ходов до этого я потерял половину городов от внезапного появления монголов прямо под носом.

You might have better luck posting this in Tengwar.

How can he play in russian? Isn't the mod english only?

The fact that the Russian translation was implemented so awfully might actually work in their favor there.

Приветствую, подскажите пожалуйста как устранить следующий баг:
при стабильности +24 неожиданно все мои города становятся "traded to the independents".

Мод rfc dawn of civilization 1.12, играю за Россию на уровне сложности - Монарх, скорость игры - Сверхнизкая. За несколько ходов перед этим неожиданно появляются монголы и за один ход захватывают 2 моих города.

Потеря столицы монголам может вполне спровоцировать гражданскую войну, поэтому скорее всего это не баг. Просто стабильность не всегда меняется сразу. В данном случае стабильность поменялась мгновенно, и по видимому не успела высветиться до поражения. Автор мода по-русски не понимает, попробуйте гуугль транслит в следующий раз.

How can he play in russian? Isn't the mod english only?

Probably there is a Russian modcomp somewhere on Russian forums.

Потеря столицы монголам может вполне спровоцировать гражданскую войну, поэтому скорее всего это не баг. Просто стабильность не всегда меняется сразу. В данном случае стабильность поменялась мгновенно, и по видимому не успела высветиться до поражения. Автор мода по-русски не понимает, попробуйте гуугль транслит в следующий раз.

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom