Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

And another thing what I'm considering for a long time is that how modern ideolegy effect relationship betwen civlization. I think ,there could be a easy way to add it to Doc.
the civ which have same modern civ will get relation closer ,and hated those guys differen form them.For some example:democracy civ and state party civ will hate each other (-1 modifier in relation munber).Central planing civ and free enterprise civ won't like eachother too.

Progress update: I am done with reimplementing the religious victory goals. All that's left to do is actually make the switch and use the new code in place of the old.

Before that I will first take a break from modding, then when I'm back I will fix currently open bugs and do the April UHV playthrough.

Is it possible to disable the score victory in this modmod? If you can, does it break any features/concepts?

Just a quick question to check:
Is it okay that Indonesia respawns and takes cities from my +40 solid Empire, or does that merit a bug report?

I should note that Portugal holds Malakka and the Dutch hold Sumatra; and both of them are merely Shaky. So the respawn just lumps me in with them?

Yes.

Hey, I'm basically back from my quick break. Bugfixes will resume soon.

Shouldn't we be able to build Espionage on our cities? The same way we can build Wealth, Culture, and Research.

I believe it's possible in the base game (I played it so long ago I don't remember).

I have a question because I wasn't able to find anything after searching threads:

-What are the rules determining wether you can have the additional "spare the city" option?

For some reason Jerusalem almost never has it when you conquer it (had it once, then decided for some reason to conquer it a turn later, and that option disappeared).

Now I want to conquer Athens as Persians, but the "spare the city" doesn't show up. As a result, 12 turns of unrest and the whole 8-level population to disappear turn after turn...

I have a question because I wasn't able to find anything after searching threads:

-What are the rules determining wether you can have the additional "spare the city" option?

For some reason Jerusalem almost never has it when you conquer it (had it once, then decided for some reason to conquer it a turn later, and that option disappeared).

Now I want to conquer Athens as Persians, but the "spare the city" doesn't show up. As a result, 12 turns of unrest and the whole 8-level population to disappear turn after turn...

As usual, I found the answer (Leoreth's post) right after psoting the message: I need enough gold!

What is the requirement for Thailand's 3rd UHV: "No foreign colonies in South Asia"?

I was curious, and decided to cheat with Worldbuilder to see if the condition would be met after flipping the rest of the European cities in Indonesia to me, but the condition still wasn't met.
Spoiler No foreign colonies? :
20210426125751_1.jpg
Am I missing something?

If you upload the save I can check.

So..... i did the usual Holy Rome to Prussia game.... and my city of Hamburg is stuck at 0 culture.

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1703 Turn 322.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
I wonder, has anywhere across all of the civ4 modfora ever attempted to create a mod that remembers all of the moves you made so you can play against the moves (you) made in a previous game?

(I'd like to try that myself and) it could improve the current ai for DoC.

For examle, make it more or less challenging, historical, rational or enjoyable. As well as simulate decisions driven by human emotions experienced in tabletop gaming.

I wonder, has anywhere across all of the civ4 modfora ever attempted to create a mod that remembers all of the moves you made so you can play against the moves (you) made in a previous game?

(I'd like to try that myself and) it could improve the current ai for DoC.

For examle, make it more or less challenging, historical, rational or enjoyable. As well as simulate decisions driven by human emotions experienced in tabletop gaming.
Do you mean an AI that learns from what you do, or just an AI that does everything you did in a game regardless of context or circumstance?

A bit of background.

Some strategies have a certain element of luck to them.

Eg. conquering Egypt, Babylon and Harappa when playing as one of them with your initial warrior. When you pull it off it gives a tremendous payoff (enough to complete the UHV on the highest difficulty) but the chances of pulling it off are not in your favor (on the surface)Ho.

However, since chances in combat can be manipulated pulling a similar move off becomes akin to a speedrun. Finding the recipe that gives favourable enough outcomes to defy the odds in combat.

This recipe is vastly superior (more effective in achieving its aims) to the AI and casual play (play done without the recipe gained by numerous reloads)
However, some of it is rather silly and could be countered rather easily by a human opponent.

I would like to face and counter my own sillyness.
Moving around ten turns doing nothing will gain favorable terms against the Egyptian AI whilst playing as Babylon, but I would make short work of the roaming warrior were I playing as Egypt myself.

Of course, the moment I prevent a crucial goal of the recipe to be met the script of the remainder of the recipe goes out of the window. But this would yield another heap of ingredients I could try to bake into bread (creates another iterative cycle for the recipe).

The core of the mod would be to override the generated randomness created by the players shenanigans with a recipe (until the player is able to unequivocably break the pattern.)

Sofisticated versions could utilise the edge the AI is given (cheaper units, less upkeep) to keep the strategy going beyond the confines of human player restrictions.
(eg. on turn 20 a city is conquered by a warrior (recipe) instructs the AI to turn its surplus production into warriors to attack previously mentioned city with a stack of warriors unobtainable by the player at turn 20)

you mean like this:
Code:
if (isHumanSimulationAIEnabled)
{
    recipe(playerShenanigans);
}
hmmm.... you know what? this might just work

Perhaps I should continue this conversation in the terrible-ideas thread...
I figured it would be a lot more complicated code.

But in all honesty I would love to personally attempt to twart the human-crafted recipies for victory (when simulated/performed by the AI). Especially in an environment like DoC.

Top Bottom