Debuffs

Something like only 1 can be used in 10 turns, just like with the culture bomb from GAs. They didn't say anything. But something must be done.

answer to you're previous post :
If research agreements become rare and great scientist nerved then staying peacefull will give you more bonusses because you can sign more research agreements.
Instead of making a lot of people unhappy with conquering you're continent.

About the great scientist nerve I doubt it will ever happen the same thing counts for liberty I highly doubt they will nerv that social policy tree wich everyone uses its not a matter of choise anymore You just pick liberty....

Denerfed? It is redebuffed. ;)
But yeah, I really hope they nerfed the Great Scientist. And looking at the way the are nerfing Research Agreements, I think they already thought of that.

Why does everyone want things to be nerfed? There is little enough distinction between them as it is - I think more bonuses should be applied (obviously the civs can still be balanced) so that each civ has a much 'stronger' flavour. Same with social policies - they should be far more game-changing in my opinion. Rather than reducing the benefits of liberty, why not let honor increase production of military units by 30%? Surely changes like that would make the game more interesting?

Why does everyone want things to be nerfed? There is little enough distinction between them as it is - I think more bonuses should be applied (obviously the civs can still be balanced) so that each civ has a much 'stronger' flavour. Same with social policies - they should be far more game-changing in my opinion. Rather than reducing the benefits of liberty, why not let honor increase production of military units by 30%? Surely changes like that would make the game more interesting?

Because with the way it is, great scientists are overly powerful and you can research technologies way faster than you should be able to. Completing the Space Race before 1900 is pretty ridiculous.

The great scientist is overpowered, I agree. But I'm not talking so much about nerfing universal aspects of the game. I just think that atm, choosing civs or social policies is like drinking weak flavoured water. The decision to be a particular civ or choose certain policies does not usually lead to drastically different strategies, which is a shame.

I just thought of another potential balance problem. China and ChoKoNu.
Right now they are the only ranged unit that can attack twice per turn or move after attacking (I know Chariot and Camel Archers can't, I'm not sure about Keshiks).
They are a very powerful unit, but it's balanced out a bit by them being the end of the ranged upgrade path and Barrage, Precision, and their multiple attack promotion become obsolete when they become Riflemen, but now all these promotions will carry over to Gatttling and Machine Guns.
Unless they changed the UU attributes from promotions that carry over to unit abilities that get lost with upgrades, every post medieval war against China has the potential to become a one sided bloodbath. Even if you're playing against an AI that can't set up proper kill zones, a garrisoned ranged unit with two attacks will make every city assault a costly and bloody business.

I just thought of another potential balance problem. China and ChoKoNu.
Right now they are the only ranged unit that can attack twice per turn or move after attacking (I know Chariot and Camel Archers can't, I'm not sure about Keshiks).
They are a very powerful unit, but it's balanced out a bit by them being the end of the ranged upgrade path and Barrage, Precision, and their multiple attack promotion become obsolete when they become Riflemen, but now all these promotions will carry over to Gatttling and Machine Guns.
Unless they changed the UU attributes from promotions that carry over to unit abilities that get lost with upgrades, every post medieval war against China has the potential to become a one sided bloodbath. Even if you're playing against an AI that can't set up proper kill zones, a garrisoned ranged unit with two attacks will make every city assault a costly and bloody business.

Camel Archer and Keshiks can move after attacking. Chariot archer cannot.
Chokonu are balanced by having a lower (ranged) strength, but they are still powerful. Their upgrade path is awesome in G+K, but so are a lot of other units (Aztec warrior healing ability goes all the way down to Mech Infantry). China's advantage will diminish however, because by the time you get to Machine gun, most players are able to already gain the logistics promotion with other civs. Same applies to England's Longbowman.

Top Bottom