Deirdra's picture

Should we change Deirdra's picture?

• Total voters
Are you kidding me? No. As a bonus, she looks almost like a twin sister of someone I know.

Was the artist contacted about having her work used in the mod? That's my main objection with the piece: yeah, the guy is effeminate (although really, only in face in clothes- the body is male), but it is a guy. In the art community, people using ones art and then changing the 'character' was something we throw angry fits about on message boards. If you guys contacted the artist and they said "okay, you can use him and call him a girl", then my objection is withdrawn: I still think a female pic would be better, but my main complaint is that it sucks for the artist to have drawn a guy and then have people claiming it to be a girl especially if they weren't told that was what was going to be done with it.

(To top it off, the picture has a slight blur to it, that I'm not too fond of.)

I like both the 'Elizabeth' picture Opera posted, and the 'Dragon Slayer' one from Dissonance.

I voted yes. Everything else aside, the suggested image is far better looking then the one currently in use. An interesting face. I could see her a leader of the roguish Austrin.

The one currently in use looks far too young and emogoth in my opinion. I would be less surprised to see that image used for one of the minor vampire leaders.

I also voted yes. As some other people have mentioned, the current picture reminds me more of a vampire noble than an adventurous female often found on the road. I thought the picture Opera suggested looked more Austrin than the current one.

Fluffypaw

I voted yes. I never liked the current picture plus I know someone will find something way better. In fact Opera already has.

Dierdre's supposed to be a woman? I always though he was a guy (just from the pic, never read the pedia entry).

OK, I give up. What does it mean when people always include pie as an option for internet polls? Is it just general support of the greatness of pie?

An alternative to "Neither". Allows you to express a lack of interest in a more delicious way.

EDIT: Also, could be an evolution of the Weebl & Bob pie obsession. Wouldn't surprise me.

Well, given her name, I never thought she might not be female to be honest. I voted Yes! but I'm now leaning towards keeping her art and using the one I suggested for a new leader; in which case that would be the first revealed one :p

Exactly; I never doubted her femininity.

Of the three images suggested, the only one I even remotely like is the one Opera posted; And to be perfectly frank, I far prefer the current art to that one.

The proposed portraits aren't bad, but they all look too warrior-like to fit my mental image of Deirdra.

It's rather funny how many people mentioned Deidra looks like a vampire when (AFAIK) the picture was originally intended to be a vampire.

I thought that Deidra was male, and this thread is how I learned otherwise =P. (Haven't looked at her 'pedia entry yet.) I would rather have a different image for her then, but I would like this one to stay in RifE somewhere, because I really like this image.

An alternative to "Neither". Allows you to express a lack of interest in a more delicious way.

EDIT: Also, could be an evolution of the Weebl & Bob pie obsession. Wouldn't surprise me.

Ok, I guess I sort of get it now. Thanks.

I voted "yes" but I'm going to say keep the current one. It's feminine enough, and it REALLY feels right for the character.

*sigh* Does this mean there will be another scantily clad amazon with big boobs?

I'm not sure who are all these people who think Deirdra could possibly act as a male name. It is certainly not a common name, but I think you'll be very hard pressed to find any man with that name.

My expectations may be colored by knowing a girl way back in middle school named Deirdra, in addition to the Lady Deirdra Skye Gaian leader from Alpha Centauri.

Opera said:

That's the curse of the fantasy genre and many who voted yes seem to favour those absolute feminime characters, which may lead devs of this module to indulge them.

Top Bottom