Deity - one city challenge - pangaea

guven

Chieftain
So, I wonder if this is possible with a standard pace/map, default settings. what do you think?

You can win so its possible.

How so? Have you done it, seen it done, is there a video or something? I really wonder how, if it is possible.

Their is videos on people doing and winning OCC on deity so its possible, just harder then non OCC games.

well, I haven't seen anything like that. all I ever saw was people doing it on archipalego maps.

wow, good one. I'll check it out thanks.

me neither. I would love to see a game attempted (in BNW) by this guy.

I'm going to go out on a very sturdy limb and say it's impossible these days on a standard-sized map -- *any* standard-sized map. You're not winning science, you're not getting more culture than others because you have only one city and it will take you forever to get to the Internet, the science hit is going to screw you in any sort of bizarre Domination victory you think you can cook up ... hmm, diplo? Maybe diplo ... somehow ...

Deau has a Cultural OCC victory on Deity that he posted with the Inca. Somewhere around here. This is with BNW, but before the fall patch. (I think)

Still, the fall patch didn't really affect anything he did. (I think)

I doubt that it's impossible. Is Venice allowed? Even without puppeting anyone the 2x trade routes can basically power you to diplo victory with treasure fleets.

I doubt that it's impossible. Is Venice allowed? Even without puppeting anyone the 2x trade routes can basically power you to diplo victory with treasure fleets.

Yeah, I started to walk myself back there at the end re Diplo. It's harder now, but I can't rule it out I guess.

Will have to check out Deau's *supposed* OCC CV :eek:. I remain skeptical!

OOC deity Culture is a very possibility, however it will not be very easy.
I Think Dipo OOC is probably the easy way to win, Science could maybe be easier but haven't tested that.

There's no proof of Deity in that screenshot, but with the right start you can get insane growth in the capital. I think Deau chose the Inca for his OCC attempt because terrace farms = insane growth+production. I think he might have gone for desert hills to get Petra too. With all that, you have like 7food/3hammer tiles and you're going to get every Wonder, even on Deity. ;)

Science is totally viable, IMHO. Cultural is actually more risky. With Cultural OCC you can't easily fight runaways. With Science OCC you don't need to.

France, Inca, Aztec, Venice, India, all come to mind as good choices... basically any Civ with something to boost growth, or in the case of France, double tourism output. ;)

ya Inca+Petra would make sense, but I still can't find any record of anyone actually pulling off a CV on deity (other than the proofless one I just mentioned).

Wow, impressive! Pacal + Petra does seem like it'd be a viable path to wonder-spamming! Still, that is an ass-ton of tourism to have to generate ...

Top Bottom