Deity please!

GKey

Emperor
We have so many nice games here, but non of them on deity difficulty.

Hey, deity players you here? SGOTM is over, no more "no time" excuses!

I could provide map I am playing right now. Really interesting one.

Here it is:

Standard settings:

Leader : our beloved Hatty.

Start:

I like this map pretty much. Hope you will like it too!

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    45.1 KB · Views: 99
Might play this a bit tomorrow in my spare time, only did my opening move and...
Spoiler :
Based on the warrior unable to reveal anything interesting and 2 pigs around, i gave up the FP and settled on the Jumbos for the extra hammer. Result was satisfying.
Won't be able to work pigs right away when the worker comes out, but with the wheel he will still have something to do :)

^^ :(
That's not first time I hear these days people come back to HoMM III. What happened? Is it like 10 years old? Or do I miss something?

@Mylene
Settle on phants is tempting, but start looks poor on commerce. The only visible source of commerce - these few riverside tiles. I decided not move from the river and SIP.
Settling on phants on other hand allows you get worker in 12 turns rather then in 15.

My point was if SIP - we get 6 riverside tiles vs only 2 if settle on phants.

There is no such a player who can guarantee a win on any deity map.

I am far from being that good as many other players here. But immortal become a bit boring.

Let's play Deity!
;)

loss 1120BC...

Spoiler :

on my way to settle 8 cities by 1000BC..

quick settlings

Spoiler :

2nd city

5th city

6th city

Bodica DOWs 1160BC, i was hoping she was after HC :lol:

Hmmm, might give this one a go in about a week's time. Despite having 15+ immortal wins I've actually never had a serious attempt at diety...

Right now, my free time is lost to Heroes of Might and Magic III and in a few weeks SGOTM13, sorry :D

That's not first time I hear these days people come back to HoMM III. What happened? Is it like 10 years old? Or do I miss something?

Lol, same thing has happened to me, it's TMIT's fault! Was watching one of TMIT's Civ 4 vids and I saw that he was doing playthroughs HOMM III. I got nostalgic, remembering how awesome the game was despite the fact that I never really got good at it the first time (I was 12 at the time...). So I dug it out and really the only thing I can say is gameplay>>>graphics. Quite simply, if you get some depth, strategy and balance in a strategy game, it doesn't matter how old it is or how 2D the graphics are (I actually prefer it this way) it's always going to be fun (That's why we're all still playing Civ 4 here not Civ 5 right?). I hear number 5 is also good simply because they significantly improved the graphics without altering gameplay. There's a no. 6 in the works too.

47 turns played..
Spoiler :

..went for BW, free switch to slavery seemed just too good with 3 pigs and lots of forests.
Pottery in 2 turns to start cottages at Memphis.
Boudi suggested open borders and i accepted, us women need to stick together thou she cannot be fully trusted :D Her borders start 5W of my capital. Sitting Bull's 5E of Memphis.
The filling spot for a city inbetween will be a decent place to cottage up too, i don't plan on having a single cottage in the capi. The marked spot for the next city is to grab the 3 ressources + finish the blocking of the eastern map.

Things to do: scout more, mainly towards Boudi and the coast near the barb city so i know if i should keep it or have a settler ready. War Chariots to take the city, HQ whipped a settler and the overflow is going into a chariot probably.

I got the original back in 1999, it really is a fun game for old-schoolers :D
Snaaty mentioned the game a few weeks back and I felt like playing it again.

Abigcivfan:
Spoiler :
the lack of copper is what worries me right now, if Boudi would DoW on me i cannot defend with just war chariots. Iam thinking i need IW as soon as possible here, the gems are on jungle too...i dislike teching IW a lot, but we will see.

100BC
Spoiler :

Settled on the ivory. Triple pig + corn is overkill... Quietly rexed out to some nice spots, although I did miss a few city spots to SB and Boudica. Oh well. Diplo is under control:

Techs:

And land:

I basically have 3 good cities, and the rest are crap :lol: I am trying to culture flip one of SB's cities too, but I'll probably conquer it before I flip it. You just have to avoid the Boudica dow in the early game for this map (although I just got lucky on it since I didn't gift her anything).

Right now, my free time is lost to Heroes of Might and Magic III and in a few weeks SGOTM13, sorry :D

I can't stand the quality of picture of old games. Have you played King's Bounty? Try impossible, no map stealing.:D

The original King's Bounty is fantastic. Played it a month or so ago and just realized you can fly across the map with the appropriate troops. Felt pretty darned stupid!

It is the better balanced of the series, that's why.
Old stuff can be pretty cool if you look for nice gameplay rather than graphics. Morrowind and Shogun Total War are contenders in that matter (there are so many mods for Morrowind, though, that the graphics aren't bad at all if one desires so). I bet some here still play The Settlers II as well :p

Sorry for spamming the thread. I hope it goes nicely :)

I'll try the map if I feel like asking the AIs to hand me my... pride over.

@Kossin Crag Hack ftw! xD
Eh yea.
I was playing Sander's Folly and managed to recruit him. Fun times...

I can't stand the quality of picture of old games. Have you played King's Bounty? Try impossible, no map stealing.:D

Graphics are nice but it's rarely the defining meter for a game's quality for me... I mean, just look at Civ4. It's certainly less shiny than civ5 but from what people say...

:D

@GKey
Sorry for sidetracking your thread, I'll try to stay on track now.

Top Bottom