DemoGame PBEM Cage Match: donsig vs. Donovan Zoi

I might subscribe to this myself - always a good learning experience to watch others take a whack at a pbem, especially since I lack PTW myself.
Good luck to both of ya

Originally posted by donsig
Tell me more about spoiler plages. I've been wondering how we'll be able to play this and let our *audience* enjoy it while still retaining the unknowns for the players. The only other PBEMs I've played were alliance games where we cooperated and had no secrets.

There is another forum dedicated to pbems where pbem players can each have their own forum and post both private and public spoilers. It works well and avoids cluttering up the CFC pbem forums with 2 person threads. See Anarres sig.

I know you mean well, but advertising is a nono in these parts. ;)

Originally posted by col

...avoids cluttering up the CFC pbem forums with 2 person threads.

Clutter? Waddya mean clutter? We're talking Civ III entertainment at it's finest here! :lol:

Let me join the recent activity in this thread to state that the Cage Match will finally be underway!

So are we going with Standard Map, Continents, 8 civs total and random everything else? donsig as Greece as myself as Japan?

Please confirm that these settings are okay, donsig. Also, if you would like to set up the game and send it, that would be fine with me. I've never set one up but it looks simple enough. Let me know how you would like to get this rolling. :)

Those settings are good. I've not set up a game either. You can have the honor of setting it up and going first since you are the challenger. ;) I'm still using v1.21 but may upgrade to the newer patch once I finish this month's GOTM. Do you forsee any BTW, what level did we decide on and does v1.21 still have the bug where every game defaults to monarch?

So...where do I go for updates and possibly screenshots for this game? I would truly like to monitor this game.

Moderator Action: If no one is going to start the game, then I'm going to close the thread. There's 53 posts and the game has yet to start. If you want to restart the game, then pm me, and I'll reopen the thread.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Thank you, Chieftess for re-opening this thread. You may want to keep an eye on the CFC Staff PBEM as well, as it seems someone is holding onto the game there. ;)

donsig, can you please PM with your email? It looks like we are ready to begin.

Are we posting opening screenshots? Because I am feeling pretty "festive" about mine. Will have to wait until next turn, though....already saved.

Pmmed e-mail address. :)

Sure, I'll try posting my opening position without giving you too much info on what's going on!

I'd be keen if you guys had some way to show us following the show what you are doing while not showing the opponent...

And it begins...

Here are the humble beginnings of Greece:

The contenders:

The top 5 Cities, circa 4000 BC:

Top Bottom