Demonic barbarians seem way too overpowering in the latest release.

IMHO, I like Kirby's suggestion for making them weak outside of the Hell Terrain.
I also like Xien's idea.

I also think it would be nice, once you can muster enough military force to invade hell and kill the demons, if there was a spell with creation mana that could return hellish terrain to normal. It's annoying that sometimes players who like big empires have to put up with all those flames through no fault of their own.

Sanctify (life 1) removes Hell Terrain.

Just had a game where the Amurites adopted AV (sheam discovered it) and were a top 3 civ in points. 100 turns later all their cities but one (on an island) was destroyed by demons.

Demons definitely need to be toned down.

You say "100 turns later" so casually, as if it's the blink of an eye.

100 turns is a very long time, on normal speed at least. An empire dying that fast by any means is nothing particularly special.

Actually, the literal definition of "armageddon" is "The Valley of Mount Megeddo," the location of an important battle in the the book of Revelation. This location has been used for many other battles in both modern and ancient times too. Goliath was slain by David there.

It isn't just an important battle, it's THE battle...the final battle between good and evil where God triumphs and passes judgement on all, dead and alive.

Another interesting note is that more battles have been fought in this one location than anywhere else on earth. I'm not sure if the author knew that and that's why he used the location, or if the location is indeed intended for something catastrophic and that's why it attracts so many battles.

do you have Last Days on?

City Razing and AV spread are the main contributing factors to AC.

Actually all my games since the latest release seem to have skyrocketing AC and it all seems event driven.

4 games on Marathon, 3 of the 4 have hit an AC of 25% to 35% before turn 300, Mousing over the AC icon itself to see who's contributed what, it's a real spread of multiple civs adding in 10 and 15 points to get it that high. Turn 300 on marathon is way early. 5 to 7 techs researched at that point maybe and a few cities, maybe 4 or 5 at most.

When I do look around to check, I usually find 1 or 2 city ruins and that's it. And it's early for any religion, but especially AV. That usually pops up a good 200 to 300 turns later.

My guess is multiple or recurring events that the leader's are making poor choices on. A poor choice for almost every civ is raising the AC.

It isn't just an important battle, it's THE battle...the final battle between good and evil where God triumphs and passes judgement on all, dead and alive.

OT: If you just said God wins, why have the battle?

I agree, the Demons (Infernals, et al) need toning down. While the world-going-to hell is enjoyable once or twice, it gets boring eventually.

What about making the demons unstable outside hell terrain to give them a chance to die off?

hmm... I seem to have the opposite problem. I have never actually seen armageddon even once in my games. It took specifically aiming for it to actually hit it, (and even then it was kinda difficult - managed it only because of playing the Clan of Embers and using warrens and the prophecy of ragnorok), and I was pretty much the only one pushing it. When I usually play, the AC rarely hits 20, much less any higher number.

-Colin

hmm... I seem to have the opposite problem. I have never actually seen armageddon even once in my games. It took specifically aiming for it to actually hit it, (and even then it was kinda difficult - managed it only because of playing the Clan of Embers and using warrens and the prophecy of ragnorok), and I was pretty much the only one pushing it. When I usually play, the AC rarely hits 20, much less any higher number.

-Colin

Same here useually.

my CURRENT game however... omg. AC jumped 40 points in 10 turns. I am up to 70ish now. 3 horsemen are loose... someone killed 2 of them but they are immortal? please tell me it is a one time immortality.

I am Elohim and can't use my ritual fast enough to even dent the AC counter. Hovering over the UI showed I had contributed 2 points before I cast and 2 points after I cast it... is it working? the AC didn't go down at all. (small map normal speed)

I tried something different this game. I am Esus as Elohim (ooo I spell good) which made me neutral and NOTHING I do can get me back to good. There is not enough stuff that I can do to get back too good. I am already on the Good council, running Liberty, and built infirmaries in both my cities. (8 players on a small map No settlers. Leader only has 3 cities) I care because I want to keep hell terrain out of my culture. Currently I am planing on stationing Life one adepts all over the place with sanctify on auto recast.

I think they just have Phoenix Blood, not immortality - they just have to be killed twice.

One thing I've noticed is that, while the demonic barbarians have gotten really overpowering, the Infernal Civilization seems to have been nerfed. In all of my games with the new mod, I've defeated them easily.

100 turns is a very long time, on normal speed at least. An empire dying that fast by any means is nothing particularly special.

They were fairly isolated and had a prime starting position near the coast. Weren't at war with any of the AI. Demons just gobbled up their empire. That shouldn't happen in 100 turns (still early in the game) especially when adopting a religion is supposed have benefit.

I donno, 100 turns is pretty casual if you are not being destroyed by demons.

Top Bottom