Describing the difference between SCreation & SLeague forums for scenario creators - Opinions needed

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Hey guys.. I'm slowly chipping away on some drafts of what will be new big pinned 'Welcome & Information' threads to help newcomers feel welcome and find their way through our maze of subforums and resource pages.

Obviously we all know the story of why the Scenario League forum moved here and that it's function is to support the SL site, provide resources & help for creators, and also showcase their work. The old CFC Scenario Creation forum's function is also for creators to get help, and also showcase their work. Since they didn't used to exist in the same place there's a bit of overlap, so I'm wondering in regards to posting 'scenario development threads' and 'scenario release threads' where do people think each should be?

I ask as currently we've got people (myself included) posting 'scenario development threads' in both the SCreation and the SLeague forums, and also posting separate 'scenario release threads' in both the SCreation and the SLeague forums.

Do people feel long WIP development threads should be in one place and final release threads in the other? Or do we not care and people can just put both wherever? I don't mind either way and will go with the flow.. but since I'm trying to write up guides for new people who may not know the history of this place or the SL and why similar things are going into 2 different places I'm trying to make it all (particularly navigation) make sense as best as possible lol. So opinions needed please!

EDIT: Oh and also where do people think visitors should be asking for help on making scenarios as that happens in both places too!

Last edited:
Hi Blake,

I don’t have a strong opinion on this matter, as I typically follow any new thread in either the General Discussions, Scenario Creation or Scenario League sections anyhow but traditionally I’ve personally always viewed them in this order (even though as you’ve indicated there is a lot of overlap):

Scenario League: thread for posting new releases, development/play test and resource (mainly graphics) threads.
Scenario Creation: more as the technical questions thread

For my part, I’ve always adopted a slightly different approach whereby I use the Scenario League thread as my “release” announcement/player question thread and the Scenario League Wiki website as my “official” scenario download repository (as I like the fact that you can create a much more customized scenario page there).

Yeah personally I've been thinking of putting my dev threads in the scenario creation forum and my final release threads in the SL.. but then when I started the new person guide I'm writing up I realised I shouldn't force others to do that as everyone else might do things differently haha!

Your way of using scenario creation forum for questions, the SL forum for dev threads, and the SL wiki site itself for final releases certainly makes sense too.

I'd always been running on the assumption "Scenario Creation" was for the plebs and the SLeague reserved for the Old Guard itself. If we can use the wiki in parallel with uploads here, that will be very useful. :cool:

I'd always been running on the assumption "Scenario Creation" was for the plebs and the SLeague reserved for the Old Guard itself. If we can use the wiki in parallel with uploads here, that will be very useful. :cool:
I don't agree with creating divisions between the CIV2 fanbase. We all love the games, and as Blake shows, there are dozens of interesting scenarios created by those "plebs". Let's be united.

Top Bottom