Desert War Bugs

samthedagger

Warlord
I didn't see a forum for posting about mods/scenarios that came with vanilla civ so this seemed like the best place to post this. I doubt many people play this scenario since RTW came out, but it is still a fun little scenario and I post this in hopes that maybe there is an updated version out there that fixes these, as well as some other inconsequential, but annoying bugs I have come across.

First of all, it seems barbarians still found cities near the bottom of the map where the fog of war hides things, as seen in the first screen shot. Second of all, after conquering Naples as the British, I received an event that the Italians would capitulate if I held the city for 20 turns. Well, two turns later they capitulated anyway (with their cities on Sardinia switching to Allied control). Maybe this was because I already captured all of mainland Italy (all of it shown on the map anyway)? Anyway, you can see on the screen it says 18 weeks to capitulation but the cities switched anyway and I guarantee the Allies hadn't been doing any attacking. Both of those cities had 10-12 relatively unhurt units in them the previous turn.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 224
I have a couple more bugs to report (if it matters). First, the Italian Capitulation in 18 weeks message remained even after the Italians "capitulated" early. It didn't countdown or anything, it just stayed at 18 weeks. Second, once I had conquered all the German, Italian, and Vichy cities on the map, the game didn't end. I was forced to wait out the 10 week countdown that had started after I conquered all the objective cities. It wasn't a major inconvenience, but it wasn't like Turkey and Spain were going to do anything. I think the scenario should let you win as long as you are at peace with the neutral powers when you conquer all the Axis cities.

Fun scenario though. I might try it again as one of the Axis powers or as the Allies (nothing but Gibralter and Cairo to start!) to give myself a challenge. I added a few skins from RTW to make some of the units more realistic, but only for the UK. I might work on touching up this scenario to give myself some practice for my own mod.

In my game the UK had fallen (cool moment as I didn't expect that) and a couple of weeks letter a message poped up telling me that the UK would increase their reinforcements.
How so when their is no UK anymore? :crazyeye:

It was a fun game, but I recomment you find something for practice which is also fun the second or third time.

Top Bottom