Design a Wonder contest (public poll)

Which Wonder do you think should be added to FfH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really like Port Royale, since it is both a great defensive and economic wonder. The ability to avoid blockades and receive large amounts of trade income make it a very unique wonder in the FFH world, as well as an attractive wonder for builders.

Also I think Vamps can only feast once per vamp per turn now. So they wouldn't get 100xp a turn.

Vote for Pan's Meadow! Yes, it's only for one city. The point of the wonder is to encourage players to have tons of forests. It can kind of be game breaking on maps like Sureshots' 21 civ map.
There's already enough to encourage players to have forests, what we need is something to encourage them to have hell terrain.

or rather encouraging them to raise the AC if they are AV (life my event/ritual would have done). The military bonuses from hell resources already give you a reason to want hell terrain. Honestly, I don't think you should want ell terrain (in your territory) as much as you want a hight AC (if following AV)

I do think that BtS's forests preserves need to be added back though (only for FoL players), to make FoL more appealing to non-elves. They should help spread forests and make them more likely to upgrade to ancient forests.

City of a Thousand Slums... because the Ashen Veil and Calabim aren't strong enough yet. </sarcasm>

(I would say the same thing about Pan's Meadow and Ljosalfar/FOL, but that wonder isn't running away with the poll.)

Sad thought, but I think most players play evil civs because the mechanics currently are very nice and because they are now overpowered (funny, it used to be the contrary) and voted for a Wonder that will improve the fun and power of evil civs even more...
Yes, if 1000 Slums wins, I hope the alignement restriction is "tweaked" away...

Yeah but it need to have additional penalties
Restricting to certain civs isn't really a penalty on the wonder, it is a penalty on the neutral/good alignment and a reward for the evil (since they have less competition.)

(I think allowing Kurios to work 4th tile would be too complicated to code. Sprawling code was quite complicated in the first place.)

(I would say the same thing about Pan's Meadow and Ljosalfar/FOL, but that wonder isn't running away with the poll.)

The point of Pan's is to make one super city, completley in tune with nature. I used it to combat the Mines of Gal Dur, RoK's wonder(In my eyes FoL's main rival game wise). Mies of Gal Dur made a super production city, as will Pan's. IMO, I'm trying to make FoL competitive for other civs. FOr other civs, it is mostly more worthwile to cut the ancient forest and build a farm, cottage, mine, etc. With this, you don't have to replace the firest, as your city can support yourself w/o improvements. True, the Ljosalfar will have a great city with it, but it is meant more for others.

I voted for City of 1000 Slums because I liked it better than the others, however, I sure would like to vote for them all. :)

Arcane Academy- reagent generation should be left for a guild to. In general I'm not particularly impressed, and it doesn't seem all that original. (I would probably like this better if I didn't have a habit of cheating to get xp when I need it ;))

City of a Thousand Slums - This shouldn't have alignment restrictions, and it's too good to not have some downsides. It should cause significant unhappiness and unhealthiness so that it won't be overpowered. Giving the Kuriotates a fourth ring could be pretty cool, but if so it should probably have an even larger health/happiness cost.

Conclave of Blades - Enchanted Blade is already too easy to get. I'm not sure allowing your arcane units to use metal weapons promotions is possible. (It could probably add the promotions, but they would be removed when they are upgraded)

Great Brewery - probably too strong for the dwarves, not so much for others. I'm not really a fan, possibly in part because I don't drink. The name needs work. The only deity that would make sense in the quote in Kilmorph (she is the dwarves' goddess, as well as the goddess of the harvest season), but I think they see gems and mithril as better signs. I'm not really a fan of ripping of real life quotes like that, especially ones that are so well known.

Mirror Mirror- Are you sure this doesn't violate the Princess rule? I don't really see a place for it in FfH even if you don't think the princess rule is relevant here.

Pan's Meadow- I would rather have this grant extra healthiness, happiness, and a bard per forest (since thats possible now). Not bad, but not my favorite.

Port Royale - This one is my favorite. Everyone should vote for this one. Immunity to blockades and defense from enemy ships is great. (I'm not sue sure about the free visibility of other ports, even if it is possible.) This also makes me think that each leader should get a "Least Favorite Wonder," which would leaders would hate you for building (although it wouldn't necessarily stop them from building it). This should be both Lanun leaders' least favorite, the Infernal Grimorie's Basium's least favorite, etc.

Sacrifice to Bhall- Peace with barbs should be handled though a repeatable ritual instead of a wonder. In general, this would be better as a repeatable ritual or a spell (perhaps available through the Eternal Flame equipment that the Clan will eventually get as a trophy). I don't like it at all as a one time thing. Planar Gate creatures don't have much to do with Bhall, and they would take away from the Sheaim uniqueness. (of course, if there were a repeatable ritual with this effect, I would rather it be more like my entry into the event contest)

Assuming that guilds will act like corporations and give resources. I am hoping they completely change the mechanic, like was done with religion (well, going from nothing to something isn't a hard thing to wind up doing I guess).

I'm torn between Conclave of Blades, Port Royal, and Pan's Meadow. City of a Thousand Slums would be cool, but, as others have said, the Calabim and the Ashen Veil need to be fixed, not broken even more. Same could be said about the Meadow, I guess, but to a lesser extent. If it let you convert regular workers to elven ones (via a spell like the Shrine of Sirona), even if you had to drop the hammer bonus, I'd be for it, if only to make Leaves more accessible to non-Ljosalfar.

Seriously, though, the Order needs a wonder. Giving Social Order the garrison bonus makes things a bit better, but it needs more. Maybe something like the Slums but with a good-friendly name (Council of Law, or something like that). That way it could be in the game without being abused by the Calabim or the Veil.

I think that if the slums idea was implemented then the outer ring would need to not produce any food so that it would not be broken for calabim and instead be a good option for any civ.

I would really like to mix these two up increasing the usefulness of the arcane troops.

Requires: Arcane lore, Warfare, lvl 6 arcane unit
800 Hammers
+10% production speed with each mana sphere the builder has access to
(+2 Culture)
doubles the rate arcane units gain xp inside the city, (very valuable for getting high-level archmages)
+3 Unhealthy because of the dangerous residue of magical experiments left around, (you know, the mages aren't very good in cleaning up their mess...)
+2 Unhappy (boot camp for crazy magicains??)
Military production times doubled. Would that be -50%?
New adepts built in this city receive Enchanted Blade, Magic Resistance and become eligible for weapon upgrades.
New melee units built in this city receive Enchanted Blade.

Thet would be a wonder to make the arcane units usable. Today they are still the weakest units in any stack and as time continues a arcane unit is supposed to get mighty but even a High Mage cant survive outside the camp of a hero and 4-5 scouts for 5 rnds.

I really like this idea...fantastic for roleplaying but perhaps not as uber as the other choices.

I'm the only person to vote for Sacrifice to Bhall?!?!?!? EDIT: Saw ritual idea.

I think the City of a Thousand Slums would be good except the Kuriotates can't use it which means I don't think it should be in.

Following this logic your choice is even less good cause it cant be used by 1/3 civilisations in the game :p
Edit: You edited while I was posting. A ritual would fit the sacrifice nicely. Add to it: 'If in those turns there is Armageddon you win' for an evil victory condition.

I picked slums cause it is not, like some say, overpowered but it gives a possibility to be powerful in the right hand. It is also very flavourful.
Pan's Medow is only FoL witch disqualifies it completely.
Arcane Academy and Port Royale are interesting but Slums are more for me. I vote to make Arcane Academy a national wonder it it loses the reagens bonus.

The rest is boring or overcomplicated.

Planar Gate creatures don't have much to do with Bhall, and they would take away from the Sheaim uniqueness.
the planar gate units appearing here would be barbs !!! totally different from sheaim... you would create barbs powerful demons inside your borders and you are only at peace with them for 15 turns..

what is the princess rule ??

I liked the slums 'coz of the total dark fantasy aspect it gives...

and don't forget that it would be a mid-late game wonder...
so if you build it in a powerful city (huge wonder cost) it will be a city surrounded by other of your cities...
thus it won't be overpowered. kuriorates are planning for the third ring from the early game. you won't. thus you may gain some useful tiles, but maybe not so much as we may think. you can take the tiles from the neighborhood, but those cities would have 1 less productive tile. and you will have more unhealthiness

conclusions :
+ : 3rd ring
- : unhealth
- : late wonder
- : neighborhood is not composed of free tiles (unless you are kuriorates)
- : high hammer cost
- : limited health ressources ...really damaging
- : limited happiness available (you can compose with it with the right civics or Law3)
- : increased maintenance (can be tweaked away if palace is here)

I think it is a good bargain. and on a big city (unless bannor/order) +25% maintenance can still be powerful. maybe add a -5 gold to the wonder.

Top Bottom