Designing the Time Machine

After quite a lapse I've picked up working on the race screen again. So far only organizing concept art for various parts & reviewing the layout. Got to juggle this with a Blender version of the Verneian Capsule, currently complex moderating tasks, and my animation class / internship.

I've found a Poser version of that time machine model, and the wheel on the back does spin. Also, the control console swivels and the dials and things work (although you'd have to be zoomed in pretty close to see).

No, whacking machines with spanners - whether they are submarines, space ships from the future, or old sewing machines - invariably makes them work perfectly. If films have taught us anything, they have taught us that. (And that you can always park right next to the building you're going to, and that taxi rides always cost a round sum.)

I seem to recall that someone asked me about helping out with a steampunk model... could this have been it? Oh dear, these holidays are wrecking my brain.

I seem to recall that someone asked me about helping out with a steampunk model... could this have been it? Oh dear, these holidays are wrecking my brain.
Not this. This is the space race screen.

You still might need to render a model...

You still might need to render a model...
The parts are meant to be displayed as a developing blueprint. On the other hand, we do have a lovely & free to use time machine model available (with textures iirc) for any one interested in animating it as a unit. :mischief:

Does this look passable as a temporary solution? The "parts" are brighter because, having just been written, the ink is fresher.
thumbnail

For the uninitiated: there is a lot of unused space to leave room for the text the game superimposes-

If this is acceptable then I can fairly quickly turn the background & the parts (presently saved as separate layers) into pcxs.

That image is great (it is the Time Machine, isn't it?) but, um, it looks like someone spilled something onto it. :(

That image is great (it is the Time Machine, isn't it?) but, um, it looks like someone spilled something onto it. :(
Even alternative universe pseudo-Victorian techno-nerds need a spot of java cha for those late night design sessions. :coffee: In other words, it's an intentional part of the background. ;)

By the way, any interest in developing the model into a TM unit? I've got an amusing idea for the death animation: the boffin gets out & whacks it with a spanner.

If this is acceptable then I can fairly quickly turn the background & the parts (presently saved as separate layers) into pcxs.

Yes, it looks excellent to me.

Don't forget that we need 128 x 128 pcxs of each part for the civilopedia. Perhaps the 32x32 for these could be a simple number or letter or symbol?.

Don't forget that we need 128 x 128 pcxs of each part for the civilopedia. Perhaps the 32x32 for these could be a simple number or letter or symbol?.
I'll see what I can do give my time constraints (npi).

Top Bottom