Did vanilla do it better?

Look harder, my BTS loads with baba yetu.

Can you? Just loaded up the game and looked around, and can't find that option anywhere.

I actually haven't played Vanilla in long enough that I don't even remember most of the changes made in BtS. I don't think I would be able to go back to an earlier version of the game, either.

I think that its a BUG mod feature. Maybe a later patch.

Its not a mod feature its in the base game since warlords.

Anyway, BTS is far superior that vanilla in so many ways. I think the argument on performance is dubious, as I'm pretty sure the base engine that affects all versions has been updated over time. Plus, we tend to play BTS with some mods. .

The performance argument isn't dubious at all. That's a fact. Try BTS and vanilla without any mods, vanilla runs significantly faster.

The performance argument isn't dubious at all. That's a fact. Try BTS and vanilla without any mods, vanilla runs significantly faster.

Seriously, but who got nowadays performance problems with CIV? Even if your PC would be 4y old, which is about 2 generations in PCs, it would still be 6y newer than CIV itself.

I'm playing on a (gaming) Notebook that with BUFFY and Blue Marble / VIP, mods that others report to cost the most performance of all mods, still I have 0 problems even on Huge maps with with 100+ unit SoDs.
Even with Video-recording on top, the game still runs within absolutely understandeable limits. Without Video, I once waged a 600+ units late-game war on my previous Laptop, which was 2y older, even that one managed that.

Seriously, but who got nowadays performance problems with CIV? Even if your PC would be 4y old, which is about 2 generations in PCs, it would still be 6y newer than CIV itself.

I'm playing on a (gaming) Notebook that with BUFFY and Blue Marble / VIP, mods that others report to cost the most performance of all mods, still I have 0 problems even on Huge maps with with 100+ unit SoDs.

I like things to be as responsive and fast at possible. Lag annoys me.

It should be my apm thats limiting how long it takes, not having to wait for a city screen to come up.

I like things to be as responsive and fast at possible. Lag annoys me.

It should be my apm thats limiting how long it takes, not having to wait for a city screen to come up.

Get yourself 8+ GB of RAM and use this , then you'll never have to wait for any city screens.

I also think that having less time to think about a move makes the move worse. I don't know how much apm I have, because I never played RTS but I'd guess that it'd be quite high because I played 10y+ of MMOs, still it's not my apm that limits how fast I progress, it's gathering all the information in my head to make the best move that uses 99.9% of my game time.

bhavv said:
Look harder, my BTS loads with baba yetu.

I think you're confusing the menu skin and music with the intro video.
This is what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRUnoGmwNCA

As I said, I already have the Civ IV vanilla menu skin, so Baba Yetu plays during the menu screen. The option for this is right there in options. There is no option to change the intro video.

Oh that, I've never actually seen that video!

Aww man, you're missing out. Still remember the first time I saw that thing after loading up Vanilla...:smoke:

Vanilla intro video is much better than the BTS intro video. That said, I turned off the intro in both cases after a few viewings. I'd rather go straight to the menu.

Yeah, watched it once and I was done with it.
Kind of like the wonder movies in II.

The only thing that had replay value because of the humor was the advisers in II. I loved the drunks. But even that got old after awhile.

Top Bottom