Dinosaurs

Well, hopefully Xarsus/Azurial doesn't shoot me for letting the cat out of the bag before the mod is ready for general release, but:

Dinosaur Animals and Mammal Lions and Tigers and Bears (oh My!) will soon be walking the Ancient Era map-lands and spawning in the wild outside of Barb Camps as Barbarian Units.

I haven't discussed it with him yet, but I am sure we'll be adding the Dinos especially for when a player is using one of the PreHistoric Era ReBorn or Ultimate Eras mods (they will spawn in the Ancient Era when not using those mods, but will fairly quickly stop spawning in favor of Lions and Tigers and Wolfs and Bears).

The original Wildlife Mod was Aurial/Xarsus' inspiration. The code will be rolled into a mod specifically for use with CBP that A/X has been working on for a couple of years now, I think.

Deliverator,

I thought you might like this user-comment from the Wildlife (Reborn) Steam Workshop mod-page:

Thanks, but I can't really take the credit since the animations themselves are the work of the Wildlife Park 2 artists. I just converted them to Civ V.

Good work with Wildlife (Reborn). :goodjob: I also have the Gorillas from WP2 converted and might do one or two other creatures before I'm done - time permitting.

I also have the Gorillas from WP2 converted and might do one or two other creatures before I'm done - time permitting.

Great! I may jump in and assist with some other creatures so that we can have a complete wildlife lineup; these are units that many modders can use. :)

Good work with Wildlife (Reborn). :goodjob: I also have the Gorillas from WP2 converted and might do one or two other creatures before I'm done - time permitting.

I hope those one or two that you are referring will be Mammoths, Hippopotamus and Giraffes:) We would love to add them also at Wildlife (Reborn).

Nomad or What said:
Great! I may jump in and assist with some other creatures so that we can have a complete wildlife lineup; these are units that many modders can use.

My list of the remaining interesting models to convert from Wildlife Park 2 would be:

Mammoth (rig to Civ V Elephant animations probably African Forest Elephant)

Smilodon (Sabre-toothed tiger) and other big cats (Puma, Leopard, Cheetah, etc) since these use the same animations.

Humpback Whale, Great White Shark, Orca (Killer Whale)

Orangutan, Chimpanzee (to complete the Planet of the Apes!)

Vulture (already done the animations for this with the Pteranodon)

Grizzly/Polar Bears (because they have a cool attack animation)

I hope those one or two that you are referring will be Mammoths, Hippopotamus and Giraffes:) We would love to add them also at Wildlife (Reborn).

Wildlife Park 2 does have a decent looking Hippo and a Giraffe but I doubt I'm going to get to those myself to be honest.

Mammoth (rig to Civ V Elephant animations probably African Forest Elephant)
Smilodon (Sabre-toothed tiger) and other big cats (Puma, Leopard, Cheetah, etc) since these use the same animations.
Humpback Whale, Great White Shark, Orca (Killer Whale)
Orangutan, Chimpanzee (to complete the Planet of the Apes!)
Vulture (already done the animations for this with the Pteranodon)
Grizzly/Polar Bears (because they have a cool attack animation)
Wildlife Park 2 does have a decent looking Hippo and a Giraffe but I doubt I'm going to get to those myself to be honest.

Nevermind the Hippo/Giraffe your remaining models list is more than enough! :goodjob:

Top Bottom