Diplomacy II Module Packs

It is in the "consideration" stage, but to be honest I probably won't do that.

Hope you change your mind.
It'd be neat to at least get some more of Ekmek's leaders in. Nero, Trajan, and Caligula for Rome. Ibn Saud for Arabia.
Your Theodore Roosevelt for America. Wu -and- Liu Bei for Japan, etc.

So how's things going on the Modular civs stage? Any more discussion on this part lately, any thoughts? I did not see this thread before now, but it looks like there is a while since anyone posted here :rolleyes:

Basically what I planned on doing for the modular civs was pretty much the same thing that I did for the original version of the mod, except better and with one or two extra civs per module. Also they might have different/new leaders, new art, obviously new flags, and they'll also have flags by era. So overall you'll be getting the same modular civs from the original game, but better, and more civs on top of that.

And to re-answer TAdF's question; I have decided that I WILL be doing an extra leaders module-pack.

So, should I start charging for individual modular civs like they are doing for DLCs in Civ5. :lol:

Man, you know, every time I say to myself "you're only being hard on Civ5 because you like Civ4 better, give it a chance," I find out that it is even worse than I thought when I first played it. There are way more bugs than I initially realized and on top of that they are charging for downloadable content for it?!?! C'mon man, what is this?

I don't think there will be expansion packs for CV. I think they'll just rip us off on DLCs and randomly patch the game. The way in which mods are installed is pure crap. I download a mod from CFC, and I can't find where to unpack it. The mods downloaded from this database the game provides are okay, but honestly, it feels like I wouldn't be able to play a mod like Mars Now! because the game isn't set up to be modded like that...

So, should I start charging for individual modular civs like they are doing for DLCs in Civ5. :lol:

Man, you know, every time I say to myself "you're only being hard on Civ5 because you like Civ4 better, give it a chance," I find out that it is even worse than I thought when I first played it. There are way more bugs than I initially realized and on top of that they are charging for downloadable content for it?!?! C'mon man, what is this?

$5 per civ. :lol:

that'd be about S/. 15, which is a bit pricey, but manageable

Sure, but ultimately this is a computer game. It isn't as if they are splitting atoms over there. Really, from modding I know creating a civ isn't really much work. At five a pop that is a lot of cash for very little work and time. I could LITERALLY create a civ using the Civ IV engine in a matter of hours, everything is already bought and paid for, it is basically a scam.

I don't know, I'm just saying. If they really nickel and dime us that's pretty lame. I'll still DL the civs, but only to have the game at my disposal.

Capo,

Is there any place to download your previous module packs for diplomacy I?

Unfortunately no, and I have already started editing most of them, so they would be unplayable (since I am converting them to Diplomacy II, which uses different XML tags), but honestly I am close to finishing the mod, so they'll be available soon.

^Best news this week!

Definitely good news; this mod will definitely be one of the greats when its released.

And by almost, I mean it the same way Bakuel said "soon" two weeks ago when he said he would finish his Indians soon...

:mischief:

...the playtest will be out shortly. I just have A LOT of units to update, and I have to troubleshoot the Inquisition mess. I'm on it though.

Top Bottom