Diplomacy II Module Packs

Austria is already a module from earlier, and I don't need art for it. It's leaders will be Metternich, Franz Joseph and Charles V. I might include a fourth leader, we'll see.

You sure on Charles? You said you don't like overlapping leaders
Don't get me wrong, I -really- like that LH, it's one of your best ones, but I think both Francis and Maria Therese is connected more to Austria.

If you stick to your decision though, I would go with Maria as a 4th leader. We still have very few female leaders...

I'm sticking with Charles V for Austria for a couple of reasons. The first is that he was probably one of the best, if not the most powerful, Holy Roman Emperors there was. As such he ruled over all of the Habsburg as well as Spanish holdings. I don't want to get into a history lesson here, but I think we are all pretty aware that is a gigantic amount of territory. Charles V was part of what brought Austria and the Habsburgs into prominence, which they enjoyed for centuries afterwards. I don't think it does much justice to only have him as a Spanish leader, and since I removed the HRE this is the closest thing to exeplifying Charles V for what he was.

Not to mention the fact that, if I left him as only a Spanish leader he should be named Carlos I. I think Charles V is more well-known as his name.

True, or another way of differentiating the Spanish Chuck V and the HRE Chuck V is to call one Carlos I and the other Karl V. Metternich I'm also okay with (though it's comparable to putting Collin Powell or Condolezza Rice, or Hillary Clinton as leaders for the States). Franz-Josef is the one I'm happiest about though, because he's among the most famous, and he is the most beloved (if one goes to Austria today, he's the emperor that is remembered, almost as if he died the day before, and they've written several operettas about him)

True, or another way of differentiating the Spanish Chuck V and the HRE Chuck V is to call one Carlos I and the other Karl V. Metternich I'm also okay with (though it's comparable to putting Collin Powell or Condolezza Rice, or Hillary Clinton as leaders for the States). Franz-Josef is the one I'm happiest about though, because he's among the most famous, and he is the most beloved (if one goes to Austria today, he's the emperor that is remembered, almost as if he died the day before, and they've written several operettas about him)

If I did that though we'd have the potential for a game with both Karl V and Carlos I, and I want to avoid that one. :crazyeye:

True, when I first added Constantine for Rome and Byzantium (which are both technically Rome) I once played against him twice :crazyeye: that was an interesting experience...

I'm sticking with Charles V for Austria for a couple of reasons. The first is that he was probably one of the best, if not the most powerful, Holy Roman Emperors there was. As such he ruled over all of the Habsburg as well as Spanish holdings. I don't want to get into a history lesson here, but I think we are all pretty aware that is a gigantic amount of territory. Charles V was part of what brought Austria and the Habsburgs into prominence, which they enjoyed for centuries afterwards. I don't think it does much justice to only have him as a Spanish leader, and since I removed the HRE this is the closest thing to exeplifying Charles V for what he was.

Not to mention the fact that, if I left him as only a Spanish leader he should be named Carlos I. I think Charles V is more well-known as his name.

Fair enough
Then I just ask to add Maria Theresa as a 4th Austrian leader. She was also well known and important, and as I said before I would like to see as much good female leaders as possible (and I remember Ekmek mentioned he wants to make an improved/shadered version of her too)

Not to mention that Civ III had Charles V as the leader of Austria.

Austria was a hidden civ you could unlock using Worldbuilder. Kick those pesky Sumerians out, and you could put Austria in its place.

What does his LH look like, by the way? I've never seen it.

Austria was a hidden civ you could unlock using Worldbuilder. Kick those pesky Sumerians out, and you could put Austria in its place.

What does his LH look like, by the way? I've never seen it.

I can't find a picture of it, but when I do a google image search for some reason my Charles V for Civ IV shows up. :lol:

You're not just famous on CFC and Modcast I guess! (actually, it was Google Images that introduced me when I searched "Modern Armor" and got a CIII screenshot :crazyeye:)

Yeah, I remember seeing that LH in one of the scenarios (it was rise and fall of Rome I think, or something like that) and thinking that they had Charles V in the game (because I thought it looked like that famous painting of him with one of his dogs), but could never figure out how to unlock or get it in the regular game.

Anyway. I have been working on some of the module packs (next playtest will have updated module packs) and I have determined that I am unhappy with the units I have made for the Timurids, and because of this have decided to delay them to another module pack. However, I have not figured out who to replace them with. So I suppose I'll let you guys decide. :goodjob:

I'm thinking Berbers, Hittites, Hausa, or Siam personally. But I suppose I could do any civ really. Just keep in mind the more original material I have to come up with the longer it will take for the next playtest to come out and I am shooting for two weeks from this weekend. So two and a half weeks basically.

I vote for Siam. Maybe the Hittites. But you wanted to make a new LH for them, will it also be ready in those 2 weeks?

EDIT: Actually, I would like to see both Siam and Songhai in the main release, as they both will be included in Civ V, but I suppose it has no chance to happen...

I vote for Siam. Maybe the Hittites. But you wanted to make a new LH for them, will it also be ready in those 2 weeks?

EDIT: Actually, I would like to see both Siam and Songhai in the main release, as they both will be included in Civ V, but I suppose it has no chance to happen...

Yeah, I won't be adding anymore civs to the main release. But since Siam is in Civ V I can put them in Module Pack I. Siam it is.

Alright, but then maybe you should add Songhai in one of the early modpacks too

Awesome!
When do you plan to release the modpacks?
I mean only the Module Pack I will be released with the mod or maybe some others too (if you have some time to update more to Diplomacy II till then)

Since, for the most part, they are basically finished I can probably get them out relatively quickly. I will release the first Module Pack either the day I release Diplomacy II or a day or two following it (maybe I should wait a week just to see if there are any bugs or anything). After that I intend on a regular release every two weeks. The newer ones may take longer since I am making them entirely from scratch. So they will be released on a pretty consistent basis.

Any thoughts on eventually doing a modular leaders pack for existing civs?

Top Bottom