Diplomacy: Pay for Peace

Azedenkae

Chieftain
I suggest that we should be able to 'buy' peace with diplomatic capital. I mean diplomatic capital is basically your 'relation' with someone right? So why not allow a player to trade in a number of capital for a number of turns for peace with an AI? Obviously the AI can decline it as usual, but it's a way to use the capital to force some peace with an AI, so that they can't attack within some turns.

What I would like to see would be for you to either offer, or offer to accept tech and diplomatic capital for peace. I don't always want a city in the peace deal.

I don't think you should be able to buy anything... including tiles.

The problem with not being able to buy tiles is that sometimes the best place for a city is just off the coast. A land city will expand over that floatstone tile you need, but a floating city cannot. Would you allow a floating city to expand its boarders like a land city? If so, would they still be allowed to move? Would a floating city expand over adjacent land tiles but only pick up sea tile would be to move? If so, what would happen when a floating city moved next to land tiles?

That is a unique problem with floating cities that would need to be worked out. I would make culture the currency at any rate, not gold. Floating cities have the potential to earn a ton of culture, yet they don't really use it for anything. That kind of works itself out.

I didn't mention it here, but part of my tile "rework" would be that you can pick the tile(s) that are earned next. Can't buy with gold, but have control over where you want to expand. I think it would work well similar to how you can lock a citizen on a tile. The AI picks as it does now, but you can lock in tiles you want next.

I am ok with with only buying with culture, or the way it is now. If we only had Rykia or someone like her to do a rewrite!

Top Bottom