Diplomats and Denouncing

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
The sequence here seems to be not correct.

I have a diplomat in the Zulu capital.

They denounce me. Due to this we no longer have embassies. Yet the diplomat remains.

Embassies are necessary for Research Agreements, Open Borders etc yet don't seem to be necessary to have a diplomat.

Yes, I had the same. I think you do need an embassy to install a diplomat, but if you don't reassign him he'll stay there after the embassy's gone.

Incidentally, this is exactly what happens with open borders and research agreements unless you go to war with the other civ, so it's not unique to diplomats even though it feels oddest with them.

Strange in a way right, but I'm guessing "Game Diplomat" = Diplomat, Envoy, Messenger, OR Ambassador.

It'd be nice if we could expel a Diplomat and take a massive diplomacy hit from that civ. There are times when I wish I could have a Diplomat available to kick out, demands just don't feel heavy-footed enough!

That would be interesting- an extra layer whereby if they break off diplomatic relations all diplomats- including theirs- are removed. And denouncing doesn't remove the embassy.

You don't need an embassy for a diplomat in the first place, as far as I know.

The diplomat we send from spy hideouts isn't ordinary diplomats that work in your embassies in foreign countries....

He Introduces himself as Zulu Diplomat while you're presumely from France so the diplomat is secretly french.

Thus the "Zulu diplomat" is safe to tell secrets to about world congress plans and oddily they keep on hearing about how cool French civ is and planning to buy plane tickets to visit the city of lights because of "zulu diplomat"'s experiences there.

Embassy diplomats is the standard fare.

Spy diplomat is the spy.

Get it? xD

Top Bottom