Discussion: Build queues in Bohemia

Almightyjosh

Governor in Waiting
This is so that you all stop messing up my lovely provincial thread.
This is a discussion on what the build queues should be for the cities in my province. I will attempt to be as accomodating as possible.

Current:
Bavaria - Warrior, Warrior, Settler, Settler, Barracks, Archer

Initial discussions:
Bohemia Thread Expansion
Agression
Poll on proposed build ques (informational)

So, can we assume then that the queues will be posted before the next turn chat?:rolleyes:

Ok. Could the mods close the other threads and cross-reference the discussion to here? I would not like to see this critical discussion going "split and forget".

And also:
AJ, could you put the other proposals up the 1st post for discussion?

Just to prevent them from being posted n-times.

Could the mods not close the aggression proposal thread, as although the subject overlaps with this it is a seperate proposal containing issues distinct from the build queues. I have also not yet finished polling and discussion on it.

If we manage to get a quick attack on the aztecs, we can burn them to ground fast... now will a baracs be needed? i think no, as our archers will train on their jaguars ;-)
a spearman will propably be best for replacing the settler-barracs combo. we maybe want to build a barracs in our second city though between the settlers and then switch the capitol to settlers and city#2 to archers...

Putting a second settler into the queue before building our archer strike force just gives the Aztecs longer to build themselves up to a point where a 6 archer strike force is no longer powerful enough. The effectiveness of this kind of attack is very much dependant on very early execution - even more so against a formidable foe like the Aztecs. Remember that with Emperor level AI production, their Jag Warriors cost less than half as much as our archers, and so a delay in our attack is very much in their interests, rather than ours. If we make our second city a settler factory then we can still expand with considerable speed, and remember that by attacking early we should be able to capture (as opposed to auto-razing) at least one of their cities, thus still adding to our production base.

@Dis: We can't count on archers getting many upgrades from "training" on Jags in the field, since the Jags will be able to retreat. The fact that our early target would be the Aztecs makes the barracks a must, in my view.

didnt think of that one... but how will we defeat the jaguars then? we will have to circle them with forces to prevent their cowardish behaviour, and with such a strategy we will need more spearmen to protect the archers.

We build veterans and drive straight for their capital. We do this as early as possible to minimise the number of Jags we will have to fight through to get there. If we do that then one initial spearman should be enough to protect the archers from Jag attacks. That's what believe to be the best way to deal with the Green Menace.

How will our capitol be defended by then?

"The green Menace" is a good theme for that war i think ;-)

By the time our strike force is approaching their borders we should have moved one of our exploring warriors back there to increase the defences and the military police presence. Once the second spearman has been built I hope that the governor would agree to build a 3rd to use as garrison.

Back to my opposition of that extra settler, now ;)

Building it would mean we have to wait for the city to build itself back up to pop:3 from pop:1 again. That's quite a lot of turns, and shields, that would be wasted.

@Dis: my build queue would be "warrior, warrior, settler, barracks, archer, spearman, 4x archer". We could decide whether to build one more archer or just go straight to the final spearman closer to the time.

@eklek: i think i can second your proposal. though i still think the barracs must be discussed maybe. i think it will throw us behind a bit.
my proposal would be:
2xwarrior, settler, archer, spear, 5xarcher

other opinions? please post with a copy of the proposed build-queue for easy reference!

Top Bottom