Divine Intervention: Garden of the Gods (Bullpen)

It actually got worse, It seems like the system is deteriorating on the inside for some reason. I have lost .net functionality (the .net framework doesn't work and can't be repaired) and explorer is beginning to freeze up and my sound card is beginning to kick out.

A friend in Columbus has said that she will give me her spare computer next time she is in town but when that happens is anyone's guess.

It actually got worse, It seems like the system is deteriorating on the inside for some reason. I have lost .net functionality (the .net framework doesn't work and can't be repaired) and explorer is beginning to freeze up and my sound card is beginning to kick out.

A friend in Columbus has said that she will give me her spare computer next time she is in town but when that happens is anyone's guess.

Ouch.

Update:

On July 13th my computer finally kicked the bucket. Luckily, Toshiba is going to repair it for free, because they say the problem is due to a hard disk defect.

The whole process will take 13 days (from shipping to repair to recieving the repaired computer) so I will be back with an update on July 26th.

There ya go.

We live in hope, Forest! :)

Okay, so I am really not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I have a question. In the Mansa Musa Divine Intervention game, the human player became a vassal. I thought this was impossible. But one of the gods did it, so can you go into world builder and make yourself a vassal of another Civ? Is that possible? And if so, is that the only way to do it?

Woah. We hope it's a double or even treble-length issue :)

Okay, so I am really not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I have a question. In the Mansa Musa Divine Intervention game, the human player became a vassal. I thought this was impossible. But one of the gods did it, so can you go into world builder and make yourself a vassal of another Civ? Is that possible? And if so, is that the only way to do it?

I think the only way is to edit the WorldBuilder save in notepad (or similar). I've never actually tried it myself, so I can't tell you what line of text needs to be added or where. But if you open a WB save from a game where an AI civ has already been vassalised, you ought to be able to figure it out for yourself.

@Forest

Glad to see you're back in business. I'll be lurking. :D

How are things, Forest?

At the risk of sounding impatient, it's now been three weeks since Forest last "got" the save and over two months since play last resumed in the game. Are we going to write this off at last?

At the risk of sounding impatient, it's now been three weeks since Forest last "got" the save and over two months since play last resumed in the game. Are we going to write this off at last?

Ah well... mortals always tend to take some time off. ;)

Would it be jumping the gun to suggest another one start up? I don't want to step on any toes (first time posting), but I've been reading the series and was eager to catch up to everyone so that I could join in. It seems the game is popular and would be a shame to drop.

Is another one starting or not?

I would like to start one soon. (or are these dead?).

Could someone send me a link to CCRunner's game? I want to base mine off his (the ffh one).

Well, it's good to see one starting up again, but it's a pity that it's FfH again :(

Well, I could do it differently. Normally, are people assigned gods or can the people do whatever?

I would like to start one soon. (or are these dead?).

Could someone send me a link to CCRunner's game? I want to base mine off his (the ffh one).
Um... I actually don't remember doing a game... I was a god quite a few times though

Well, I could do it differently. Normally, are people assigned gods or can the people do whatever?
People can do whatever, assigning means less fun (in general) imo. I think the 'claiming' system works well

Oh yeah, it wasn't you. It was someone else. They were playing as the amurites, but the game ended because the host disappeared.

Should there be a limit to what people can do, or how much they can alter the save?

Also, how would they get it back to me? Because if someone changed something in the save, then sent it to me, and then another person changed something, then sent it to me, I would have two different saves.

Top Bottom