Divine Intervention Resurrection - PWN'D

civgenius

AWESOME
DIVINE INTERVENTION​

This game is a Diving Intervention, meaning that the mortal (me) plays 50 turns like an AAR and then the gods (everyone else) edits the save in world builder and explains their intervention in an interesting story.

example: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=364181

Before you edit, remember to post "got it" and you will have 2 hours to edit before anyone else can. Multiple edits can be made in between different mortal updates.

No mods will be used.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheForestAuro
The Eleven Commandments of Deityhood

I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.
--(No units or techs should be revealed to any civilization if they are not in the current or previous era of the player)

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction
--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.
--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.
--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.
--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.
--(Obviously there's going to be some strife between those who would support The Kahn's Conquest, and those who would seek to protect the world from his tyranny. Having said that, Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucritive)

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.
--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.
--(Don't add wonders that don't already exist.)

FAQ

Q: Another God has already edited the save this turn. Can I do it too?
A: Yes, but you may not undo their changes. Take their save and edit it. Also, you may only edit once per turn.

Q: I have this cool idea that only slightly violates your rules, but it's really cool!
A: Just keep in mind I have the ability to reject any save I deem over-the-top.

The reason I called it PWN'D is because I am attempting the monarch difficulty and I have only beaten Prince. Yeah, I'm a noob.

Anyway, I will post the starting save shortly.

We're off!
"Rome has always been a great city, from its founding by Civgenius."
Spoiler :

"After the invention of bronze working, iron working, and the meeting of 2 other civs (Incas and Vikings) settlers went out and expanded into new lands, onward!
Spoiler :

After Antium and Cumae had been founded, Rome was off to a good start. With the Russians contacted and a new settler on the way, the future was bright.
Spoiler :

But Civgenius knew not what the gods would change about his world...

Questions:
  1. Which mod is this? Your rome is red so i'm assuming it's some Rhyse and fall derivative. But gods would need to know which mod is necessary for them to edit your save.
  2. What type of DI are you after? Slapstick fun or in depth storytelling? Your introduction seems to hint at neither in particuler.
  3. You ask for sculpting of the world but have allready played a turnset... that defeats the point slightly for a truely original world. So by sculpting do you merely mean adding 'character' to the allready present landmasses and rival nations? (Inca, Viking and Russia)
  4. Will your turnsets have a limit? You seem to have played 50 turns now. Will it be 50 turns every time between Interventions or will you go for whatever feels a good place to stop?

I know these questions are blunt but i'm a guy who likes clarification and the first post has the rules but nothing in depth about what you want etc.

Based on that i'd decide wether to intervene sparsly/a lot and what type of god to try and portray. Last time i made a in depth distant god for a slap-stick type DI which didn't really work out too well.

Ravus_Sol:

1. This is vanilla BTS. I edited the original files, but this is just graphical - anyone should be able to edit it.
2. I was thinking of a more serious DI, but if anyone wants humor in their post, that's OK.
3. I meant for you to sculpt anything whether its in my fog of war or not.
4. 50 turns will be the normal time between interventions.

The save:

Attachments

• PWN'D.CivBeyondSwordSave
    76.4 KB · Views: 68
This looks awesome!!!

I a second there I thought it was vanilla Civ! Luckily it’s not.

I can’t really do serious writing, so this will be a more comic god.

BTW, Got It!

+++​

THE DIVINE CLEANER!

A “CLEANER”, in the godly sense, is someone who cleans up messes that the various departments of GodCorp. The divine cleaner an angel that is the best cleaner and clean’s up the biggest messes. This is his story...

Divine Cleaner: I’m back from holiday! It was terrible. I spent the whole time in the hotel because there was a demon swarm outside. I could of cleaned it up, but the stupid policy about leaving your cleaning badge in the office when you’re on holiday meant that I had to leave Work Experience Cleaners to do it for me. It took my whole 2 weeks, gone like that. Anyway, enough about me. How’s my favourite planet?

(The planet he was referring to was the planet inhabited by CivGenius. He was with it from the stone age to just before they were going to reach the closest star, but then something awful happened.)

Secretary: Um...about that. You’ve heard of the Blight Plague that the Diseases and Other Horrible Things Department invented? You know, the one with the blights and the exploding...
Divine Cleaner: Yes, yes I know.
Secretary: Well that got accidentally released on the general public on that planet.
Divine Cleaner: IT WHAT!!!?
Secretary: It got accidentally on the general public on that planet.
Divine Cleaner: That was a rhetorical question, you know?
Secretary: Yes I do know.
Divine Cleaner: (facepalm)
Secretary: Anyway, the population was turned into a bunch of loonies that scream “I need to get to the bunker!” 24/7. The cleaners cleaned up most of the mess, but then a lawyer came in and said that we couldn’t do that because of cleaners act of the flying flamingo. It said that in the case of zombie infection spreading a planet, then cleaners couldn’t clean it up.
Divine Cleaner: THERE’S A LAW AGAINST CLEANERS KILLING ZOMBIES!!!???
Secretary: Yes there is.
Divine Cleaner: Rhetorical question.
Secretary: There is a loophole, though. You can get a professional zombie killer to kill the zombies for you.
Divine Cleaner: Get me the best zombie killer in existence. Tell him to submit his services to the Roman People. But tell him that if he kills a single non-zombie then there will be trouble.

Spoiler for Quest (CivGenius you can look at this.):

Spoiler :
I have given you power over the zombie killer. If you use him to help you in a non-defenceful war then there will be server consequences. There are ten zombies left. Kill as many as you can, you will get a reward if you kill them.

Hint: Look for the Tundra/Fallout.

Spoiler for Changes (Not for CivGenius’s eyes.)

Spoiler :
-Added ten Jaguars called “Blight Zombies”, and put them randomly around the map.
-Added tundra/fallout on every space a Blight Zombie is on.
-Moved AI units that are around the Blight Zombies away from them.

Attachments

• Civ Genius BC-2000 NJC64.CivBeyondSwordSave
    77.2 KB · Views: 98
Got it.

Mikkinus, god of the sea, looked down upon the land. The Romans were doing well, he thought. He looked down at the zombies that had been accidentally unleased upon this world, but noticed an effect that nobody had noticed until now. The blight had also made a pack of ravenous flying demon sharks that if left unchecked could destroy at least one civilization indefinitely. Mikkinus knew he couldn't destroy the sharks, only the God of Death could, so he had to weaken them instead...

In Rome, a mighty earthquake shocks the countryside. While everybody is focused on not falling down, someone looks out to the sea. "Look! Mountains are rising up!". And it was true. One by one, many mountains rose up from the sea, each one scattering fish and scaring seabirds everywhere.

That night, a heavenly golden glow could be seen from the mountains, far off in the distance. Many men in Rome wanted whatever wealth was over there for themselves, despite knowing nothing about the land. Follow their advice, and you might regret it. Or, prepare well, and fabulous riches may await you.

Not for CivGenius's eyes:

Spoiler :
1. Added an island surrounded by mountains on almost all sides, with only a small opening to Roman lands. On the island is a barb city, defended by a Gallic Warrior and a Spearman. There is also a gold hill and a forest with dye on the three tile island that I have called Woadland.
2. I added a barb trireme with Combat 1 off the coast of the new island, that the people who live on Woadland built.

Attachments

• Civ Genius BC-2000 ElMikkino.CivBeyondSwordSave
    78.5 KB · Views: 63
In a distant realm, after a successful bid for Godhood, he sits upon a frozen throne, staff in hand. He had left that land years ago, possibly more. He couldn't remember, being a God had its quirks and disadvantages. He awoke and stepped toward his telescope. He looked below and looked upon this new world that his creations have led him to. The nations of the world were young, quite unlike the nations of his former homeland shortly before his ascension. He looked upon the people of the planet with an emotion he hadn't felt in a long time. He later recognized it as interest, for his god powers would have a proper stage to test them on.

He walked away from his telescope and once again sat in his throne, this time thinking. What would he do to the nations of the world, he didn't know. He then though he would make things more interesting. He made a declaration.

"I, Ulvin, God of Ice, shall use my divine powers upon this world!" the realm shook at the sound of his voice.

Meanwhile...

Charonis, angel of Ulvin, left the realm of Ice and went down upon the world, to cause chaos.

Is for Civgeneral
Spoiler :
You will be dearly rewarded for slaying Charonis, the Rogue Angel. There is no time limit, but you will be rewarded.

Is not for civgeneral
Spoiler :
This means you, puny mortals!
Spoiler :

1:Some of the Pine Forests have the snowy artwork.
2:Two of the plains in Civgenerals empire are now tundra, they aren't in Rome's fat cross.
3:Created a small continent with Charonis, Rogue Angel (Cossack with Combat 1-5 and Drill 1-4), 5 Crazed Followers (Jaguars) and 1 Blizzard (H'wacha).
4:Said small continent is all Ice and Peaks except for a small opening. The city has wheat farms and stone quarries.

Attachments

• Ulvin's Changes.CivBeyondSwordSave
    80 KB · Views: 117
Not for puny mortal eyes.
Spoiler :
Rome, Russia, Scandinavia, England, Zululand, Portugal, Incans

The god of the river has descended on the land. He decides to expand the two largest rivers on the map, and combine them.
The god of the river allows for quick transportation among his river side (Railroads) and his river has a higher crop yield then every other territory combined (I think)
A quest to all mortals (whether computer or human). Whoever owns the most plots on my river will gain a reward. Every 50 turns, I will add the reward. Good luck.

Spoiler not for mortal eyes :
Combined the 2 largest rivers on the map to make a super cool circular river.
Also added a river going directly across the tropic of Capricorn (These rivers of course connect).
As always, added the taoist holy city in a random location among the river.
Taking the city will result in a strict punishment (I wont mention that though).
Removed the zombie along the river, as I wanted the river to be flood plained
added railroads among each side of the river for quick transport

Sorry for the long time waiting, I have had problems with uploading files recently

Attachments

• DI2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    84.3 KB · Views: 61
Psst! Ilduce! EDIT THAT OUT!!!!!

Got it. Sorry, Civ broke down. Off to fix it again...

Top Bottom